Solved

How to prevent Klaviyo welcome series from triggering when instore purchase is made?

• 4 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hello, 

I have a situation where I want to prevent the welcome series from sending an incentive email if a customer is added to the list at checkout via in-store. 

What is the best practice to set up the welcome series so that they don’t get the first email as they will get the discount while in-store. 

Yet we will have customers who shop through our Shopify site who’ll need to go through the standard welcome series.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 4 October 2022, 23:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Karen

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Yes I definitely agree that wouldn’t be a great experience. 

One way to separate these specific customers to exclude them from the welcome flow discount would be to add a profile property  to any in-store purchasers and use a conditional split  to ensure that these users wouldn’t receive that certain email, yet received other welcome flow emails you wanted them to receive.

Additionally, you could add these in-store purchasers to a different list and then connect this list to another welcome series all together. However, we do recommend  maintaining one main list for account hygiene if possible and you will need to remember adding this list to any other marketing campaigns in the future. 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +4

Thank you Taylor I’ll try that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Agreed with @Taylor Tarpley… I’d maintain one list, but add a profile property to distinguish the source of the sign up.  Since I assume you or your associates are adding the emails in-store, it would be easy to create a form with that property to exclude them from the welcome flow (or modify their profile within Klaviyo)