Solved

How to receive Shopify form subscribers to Klaviyo list

• 2 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

I connected Klaviyo to Shopify and to the Free Email Popups & Exit Intent by Poptin

I am receiving new subscribers to Klaviyo list through a Free Email Popups & Exit Intent by Poptin pop up plugin. But I cannot receive people to Klaviyo list from the regular/default Shopify form located in the footer and in the newsletter page. 

When someone sign up from the POP up the welcome flow it´s launched, but when I receive a sign up from the others forms I don´t get the subscriber in Klaviyo so the Flow it´s not launched. 

You can check it here: upanidecbd.com

Please help

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by cassy.lee 3 November 2020, 19:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @juan.cortazar 

Thanks for contributing to the Klaviyo Community!

I went through your signup form at the bottom of your website and does look like your account appends the correct tags into the profile (ie. under Shopify tags, it adds “Newsletter” and “Prospects”). The reason why you may not get the signup form to launch is because you have double-opt in on. When I signed up for your newsletter, I first had to confirm my subscription to your newsletter before I received the first Welcome Email.

You can learn more about double opt-in in this article. Although double-opt in is strongly suggested, if you’d like to enable single-opt in, you can do so by upgrading to a paid plan within your Account. 

Badge +2

Hi Cassy,

Thanks for your answer. So it´s working correctly then? But the Double opt in confirmation it´s from Klaviyo right?

When I try with some of my emails the email go straight to the clients Shopify list and I don´t receive the Klaviyo welcome email. Maybe it´s because to try I am deleting and adding the same emails? So this emails have already the double opt in accepted?

Thanks a lot.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @juan.cortazar

The double opt in is from the Klaviyo end. If you’re going in and deleting profiles and adding them again, Shopify is catching these profiles so its not going to register as a new email. I would recommend trying this test with “your email”+”test”@gmail.com - so for instance, if your email is juan.cortazar@email.com you would instead sign up as juan.cortazar+test@email.com. Check to see if the subscription confirmation goes to a spam folder in your mail. Once you select to opt in, you should receive the first email in your welcome series flow.

Hope this is helpful! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, thanks for your insights.
Could you also please say how it’s possible to change the default shopify newsletter button in the footer to a Klaviyo button? What I mean is that when users want to subscribe to our newsletter, they type in their mail address in the footer but they won’t get the Klaviyo Mail, right? How can we make that they get the Klaviyo flow?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi, thanks for your insights.
Could you also please say how it’s possible to change the default shopify newsletter button in the footer to a Klaviyo button? What I mean is that when users want to subscribe to our newsletter, they type in their mail address in the footer but they won’t get the Klaviyo Mail, right? How can we make that they get the Klaviyo flow?

Hi @sipcult - you can disable double opt in on the Shopify email marketing notifications! I explain it a little more in this question, but you can disable double opt in from Shopify by going to Settings > Notifications, scroll down to Email Marketing, and untick the double opt-in option.​ (see image below)

If you have customers opting into a form on Shopify, you can follow the instructions in this guide to redirect to a Klaviyo list: Redirecting a Custom Form to Klaviyo

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

@cassy.lee @sipcult If the double opt-in on Shopify is on this will send a double opt-in from Shopify and I think this won't trigger the welcome flow (not 100% sure). Disabling this option however shows a consistent same flow for everyone.

Another option could be to have an embedded klaviyo form in the footer. The only thing that this doesn't have is spam protection mechanism which requires people to complete a google captcha before submitting.