Solved

How to send a coupon to someone on their birthday?

• 13 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

I created a pop-up on my site to collect birth date information. How do i actually retrieve that information and send a birthday coupon to customers?

icon

Best answer by retention 14 August 2021, 00:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Browns,

In addition to Taylor’s documentation, I also wanted to include this helpful documentation which outlines how to add link that will automatically apply a coupon code to a Shopify cart, with this in place the customer does not need to enter the code themselves. One less thing the customer needs to do!

Hope this is helpful to you as well. 

Cheers, 

Bethany

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Browns

Yes! This documentation will walk you through how to do it! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge

Hi there, is there any way you can generate unique codes for each individual subscriber? Thank you 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I created a pop-up on my site to collect birth date information. How do i actually retrieve that information and send a birthday coupon to customers?

hello

use Date triggers Property flow during send birthday

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @JFSpells,

In addition to @retention’s detailed response, once you have the Birthday flow set up, you’ll then be able to add the coupon to your Happy Birthday email(s). @david.to had a very thorough reply to another thread on how to add the coupon codes to your Klaviyo emails. Feel free to his response (link below) as you begin to set up the coupons in your Birthday Flow.

Happy sending!

Julie

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @JFSpells, welcome to the community!

Once you have collected uses’ birthdate, you can create a “Date Triggered” Flow based on that custom property you used to store their birthday - and set it to “Yearly.”   After that, it’s simply creating a Flow message you want to send on users’ birthday including the coupon code.

See here:

If you have trouble finding your field, make sure the date you are capturing adhere to Klaviyo’s date formats. Here’s a quick doc about it: 

Klaviyo has a really specific guide to how to setup a “Birthday Flow” in their documentation here:

You may also find this useful if you are collecting Birthdays:

Hope this helps!