Solved

How To Send To Entire Segment On A Specific Date?

• 10 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi, I have used various ESP platforms in the past and they all offer the functionality I am trying to achieve with Klaviyo, however, for the life of me I cant figure this out.

1. I want to Send a series of emails to a particular segment, let’s call this ‘customers’. I want this to start on Monday the 12th July 2021. 
  2. Each user will receive email #1 and then move along the flow for the sale period.

However, I am not able to find where I can just select a segment and any date to send. It looks like they are all birthday’s, anniversary dates etc. 

Can anyone please let me know if there is a workaround for this?

icon

Best answer by David To 10 July 2021, 14:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Giulio,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Since flows are an automated sequence that is set in motion by a specific trigger in a response to something that your customer does, there wouldn’t be a way to schedule a flow to start serving to customers on a specific date.

You can however schedule campaigns in advance and in doing so, would offer you the capability to simulate sending these customers through a flow sequence. For example, you can schedule one campaign to go out to this specific recipient group on July 12, then create and schedule a second campaign to be delivered on July 14 to the same recipient group. You can do this as many times as you want to simulate an automated flow. When doing this, I would recommend enabling the Determine Recipients at Send Time when scheduling your campaigns to ensure your recipient list is re-evaluated and as up to date. 

Another alternate solution available to you would be to create your segment triggered flow and then initiate a back-populate on July 12. Back-populating allows you to retroactively add qualified recipients into a flow. This way, if you turn your flow Live on July 12 and then use the back-populate function, customers would then begin to receive this flow starting on that day and continue through the flow based on how you have the flow set up. Some difference between between using a campaign to simulate a flow and the back-populate function is that using the campaign method would allow you more flexibility in your scheduling capabilities. Also, although using the back-populate option would make it more automated, you would not be able to back-populate your flow if the flow contains a coupon code. 

I would recommend taking a look at the following resources to learn more about both options and how to accomplish either one:

I’ve also included other Community posts that users have found helpful that may further assist you in understanding these concepts below:

I hope this helps!

David