Solved

How to set up thank you flow when exclusion of a specific product is required

Badge +1

Hello! I’m looking for some help on how to set up a thank-you flow correctly.

1. I offer free fabric swatches which customers can order. I have set this up like this: 
  2. The “No” part of this flow (people who purchased something that isn’t free) goes to a “Thank you” email if they’ve only purchased once over all time, and to a “Thank you again” email if they purchased more than once. Like this:
  3. This is fine for most customers. The issue is that if someone purchased the free swatch and then later comes back to purchase something else, they will go straight to the “Thank you again” email since they’ve now technically made two orders. So my question is, how do I set it up so that people who purchase the swatch (order 1) and then purchase other item (order 2) get the Thank You email same as regular first time customers, and not as though they are repeat customers?

I was thinking perhaps sending the fabric swatch people to their own separate flow via a filter on the Placed Order trigger - and then if they buy a second time, somehow using the fact they were in that flow to force them to be treated as first time customers in this flow…? I don’t know how that could be achieved though so maybe there’s an easier way I am not considering?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Edgar Emmanuel 1 July 2022, 18:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Kaykam, I totally understand what you are saying. What you need to do is to create a Segment for anyone who's purchased the free swatch. 

Now in the conditional split "Has Placed Order equals 1 over all time" and the value is NO, add a trigger filter to exclude the segment you have just created above(whichf is anyone who's purchased a free Swatch).

Then join the YES value of this trigger filter to the YES value of " Has Placed Order equals 1 over all time"

Only the NO value (of Has Placed Order equals 1 over all time)  will now get the: Thank You Again Email.

I hope this helps, actually. Do let me know. Cheers

Badge +1

That’s great, thank you very much Edgar, I will try this and let you know!