Solved

How to trigger instant email to newsletter subscribers

• 27 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi folks,

I recently integrated Klaviyo with my new Shopify store. We plan to do a pre-launch campaign with the intention of building a strong mailing list before we do a full launch. For this we have built a landing page (on same Shopify store. Screenshot below) and the idea is anyone who gives us their email IDs on that page:

1. Gets an instant ‘thanks for signing up’ emailer
2. Gets added to our mailing list for monthly newsletters
3. On the day of launch we plan to shoot an email to our mailing list announcing the launch & giving them a discount code

Can someone help me achieve this? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Julia.LiMarzi 27 September 2021, 20:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @Rishabh20, Thanks for reaching out to the Community today!

This sounds like a solid strategy, and you can definitely use Klaviyo to execute it. 

To send an instant “Thanks for signing up” email, you’ll need to create a welcome series, which is triggered when someone joins the list that is connected to your signup form.  

It sounds like you want that list to be the same as your main newsletter list so you can send them monthly emails. If so, I recommend adding a trigger filter to your welcome series, and filtering by the $Source property to only send “Thanks for signing up” email to those that signup from that specific signup form source. 

Then on the day of the launch you can create a segment of profiles with that $Source property to include all the customers who filled out your form, and send them your launch day campaign.

I hope that this helps, and let me know if you have any questions. Good luck with the launch!

Badge +2

Hi @Rishabh20, Thanks for reaching out to the Community today!

This sounds like a solid strategy, and you can definitely use Klaviyo to execute it. 

To send an instant “Thanks for signing up” email, you’ll need to create a welcome series, which is triggered when someone joins the list that is connected to your signup form.  

It sounds like you want that list to be the same as your main newsletter list so you can send them monthly emails. If so, I recommend adding a trigger filter to your welcome series, and filtering by the $Source property to only send “Thanks for signing up” email to those that signup from that specific signup form source. 

Then on the day of the launch you can create a segment of profiles with that $Source property to include all the customers who filled out your form, and send them your launch day campaign.

I hope that this helps, and let me know if you have any questions. Good luck with the launch!

Super helpful Julia. However, I’m facing a level 1 issue i.e. subscribers not showing up in my ‘newsletter’ list. They are showing up on my shopify admin dashboard + I’ve made the setting that anyone who signs up on the website will be added to the ‘Newsletter’ list on Klaviyo + I’ve also ensured that the ‘newsletter’ list is set to single opt-in. What am I missing?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @Rishabh20

This could be due to a couple of things.

First, double check that someone has filled out your form since you connected with Klaviyo. If no one has, try using a test email (youremail+test@gmail.com for example) to sign up via your form to see if you are added to Klaviyo. Klaviyo will not historically sync contacts automatically, though you can manually add them. 

If your Shopify theme is a third party theme, you will also need to tag the customers with “Newsletter” in order for them to sync to Klaviyo. You can read more about how to implement that here.

Please let us know if you are still having difficulty passing profiles from Shopify into Klaviyo and we can continue investigating.

Badge +2

Hi @Rishabh20

This could be due to a couple of things.

First, double check that someone has filled out your form since you connected with Klaviyo. If no one has, try using a test email (youremail+test@gmail.com for example) to sign up via your form to see if you are added to Klaviyo. Klaviyo will not historically sync contacts automatically, though you can manually add them. 

If your Shopify theme is a third party theme, you will also need to tag the customers with “Newsletter” in order for them to sync to Klaviyo. You can read more about how to implement that here.

Please let us know if you are still having difficulty passing profiles from Shopify into Klaviyo and we can continue investigating.

Thanks Julia, you’re a star! turns out the culprit was the third party theme. resolved now.