Solved

I created a discount coupon, but "Add Codes" isn't showing in the drop down menu

• 19 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

I’ve created a discount coupon and now I need to add the codes.  However, when I click on the drop down menu where I can normally see “Add Codes”, it only has options to “View History” and “Delete”.

I’m very confused, as when i click on the same drop down menu for any of my previous codes, I see the option to “Add Codes” (as well as view history and delete).  Have I missed a step?

icon

Best answer by David To 19 May 2021, 16:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@Bellarmine 

You probably haven’t added a specific end date. You must have strict date/time end date to be able to manually add coupon codes

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Bellarmine,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Do you happen to have this coupon’s Expiration set to be After a certain number of days/hours

Using this specific expiration setting will imply that you have a varied expiration date based on when your users receive their email and would often be used within a flow email. As detailed in the Use Your Coupon in a Flow Email section of the Unique Coupon Codes for Shopify article:

Unique coupon codes for live flow emails are generated automatically in batches of 100. When coupon codes are depleted below 100, Klaviyo will generate another 100 coupon codes. This ensures that there are always enough codes available for live sending flow emails. Because coupon codes for flows are replenished automatically, you won't need to manually add batches of coupon codes via the Add Codes option.

If your goal was to create a coupon to be provided within a flow email, you would not need to generate codes in advance. You would only need to generate codes in advance if you were sending out coupons within a campaign email. This is to ensure that you have enough codes available based on the size of your campaign recipients. I would also suggest taking a look into the How to Use Coupon Codes in Klaviyo and Unique Coupon Codes for Shopify articles to learn more about using coupon codes within Klaviyo. 

Hope this helps!

David