Solved

I'm having trouble uploading a CSV file for an SMS campaign

• 19 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
I'm using the klaviyo guide to upload the file, it looks like this: 
but every time I try it tells me: “There are columns missing from the selected file. Please check your file and try again.”
Email Firts Name Last Name Consent Phone Country Timestamp
ingvaloluisa@gmail.com Luisa  Avalo ['email', 'sms'] +18019184259 USA 2021-15-11 18:00
icon

Best answer by David To 22 November 2021, 16:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Marketing VDK,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

That’s a really interesting error you are seeing as it does appear the .CSV example you provided does seem to have all the required columns needed to import the list into Klaviyo with SMS consent.

From my experience, this may sometimes be caused by having blank columns within your .CSV you are importing. I’ve seen this happen if you’ve copied and pasted this data from a different source and some latent formatting has been brought over including those blank column/fields. To resolve this, I would suggest copy and pasting the data into a new .CSV file while pasting the data without any formatting. 

Another common mistake I’ve seen occur when importing lists to Klaviyo is inappropriately mapping the data which would throw a variety of errors. @retention has a great write up explaining data mapping when importing a .CSV in the Community post below:

In addition, I’ve included some other Community posts below that may be able further help you import a list:

I hope this helps!

David