Solved

I want to recommend similar products for an out of stock flow?

• 30 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have a flow for customers who have requested to be notified when a product is back in stock. I would love to send them an email recommending similar products they could check out as they wait. (Ex. They want a specific basketball hoop, I want to recommend different basketball hoops while that one is out of stock)

What is the best way to set this up? I have about 15 categories I’d like to recommend. I’ve seen conditional splits recommended, but that’s a lot of splits for the amount of categories I have.

Is there a way for Klaviyo to automatically pull category information without having several flow splits/manually selecting which data feed to recommend?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 30 June 2022, 23:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @wrighte,

Welcome to the Community.

To start using product recommendations all you need to do is first create a product feed.

You can start by creating  product feeds that include all of the items in your catalog. Once you have this you can use the product block to dynamically insert recommended products into emails for your subscribers. Down the line if you would like to update your custom catalog to include item category, you can also create specific product feeds  based off of category. 

I'd recommend taking a look at our Product Feeds and Recommendations: Create a Product Feed help center article (if you haven't yet had a chance to) which includes details on how you can create a new Product Feed.  We recommend creating a category that contains all your samples in one category and then adding that category to the Exclude field.

Hope this helped,

Alex