I want to set up a notification flow with the order id.

• 17 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

We are currently looking to do the following flow.

Send a template email to the customer when a specific item is ordered.

When the customer clicks the button on the template, he/she is redirected to a page that says he/she has confirmed the order.

When the customer clicks the button, the system notifies the customer that he/she has clicked the button.
We would like to include the order number in the notified content.

Is there a better way?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @onpla,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Sounds like there are several things you’re trying to accomplish here! Overall, it sounds like you’ll need to setup two flows, a product specific flow for when a customer orders a specific item which contains a button to be redirected to a confirmation page. Then a second flow that’s more transactional in nature. Somewhat like an order confirmation email. 

The only caveat to this is that by default, we don’t support triggering flows off of a Clicked Email event. This is to prevent customers from receiving the flow multiple times in quick succession if they were to click on the same link/button multiple time or if an inbox provider’s bot were to do this on your recipient’s behalf as part their security. 

For this reason, instead of triggering a flow off of the Clicked Email event, you’ll want to create a custom event that is passed to Klaviyo when your recipient clicks on the option to confirm their order on the page they are redirected to. You can then create your transactional metric triggered flow off this custom event which would pass an email that providers your customer with their order number.

You can learn more about building your own custom events to be tracked in Klaviyo by taking a look at the various resources we have in our Developer Portal. I think you’ll find the Custom event tracking with JavaScript especially helpful in setting this up!

I hope this helps!

David