Solved

Image links and alt text in the new editor

• 1 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I’ve started using the new editor and facing the following: If I have multiple images in the template they all update to the same alt text and link and it’s impossible to set different values for each image. Has anyone else seen this or found a way around? It’d be too late to switch to the old editor last minute and it’s important to have several links in my campaign. 

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 3 December 2021, 17:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Stela 

Great question to ask in the Klaviyo Community! Happy to help!

I have one question before I go down a rabbit hole in the wrong direction, are the images blocks you are using Dynamic Image Blocks or Static? Can you also share a screenshot of the settings for the image block? Knowing how your images are being populated into the template will help me better understand what to solve for! I look forward to your response!!

Badge +3

Thanks for your reply @stephen.trumble and for the warm welcome. 

The image blocks are static. In this particular template I have 3x images. I’ve set the text and link for the header as it should be. After a lot of editing, reloading, cloning and starting over, I could fix 1 our of the remaining 2 images that default to the header image attributes, but the problem remains for the rest.

I’m adding screenshots of the Logo that doesn’t change even after saving, the “Gift guides” png that’s eventually fixed and the Header that’s the main actor here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Stela 

After you update the alt text and the link address are you clicking “Done” at the top left before clicking into the next image? I have been playing with this in my own test account and if I dont click “Done” then it carries the alt text and link to the next image. By clicking done, I am able to save each image as its own alt text and link.

Badge +3

Hi Stephen, I can confirm that even after clicking Done the links (and sometimes the text, but not always) revert back to the same as the middle image. If I go and remove the link again, it also disappear from the middle image, even without touching it. It looks very random still. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

As I could not get this to replicate, I am opening a support ticket for the support team to look into your account and deep dive into this issue for you!