Solved

In email click to receive a coupon code

• 23 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

How can I set up an email that allows someone to sign up for our newsletter and then receive a discount coupon code for doing so?

I would like to email all non-suppressed profiles an email where they can sign up for the newsletter or SMS and then receive and second email with a coupon code for signing up.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 24 August 2022, 03:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @curtis,

Thanks for sharing to the Community.

The first step will be to create and customize a Welcome Flow.
If you want to restrict the flow to only subscribers from that pop up, you can use a flow filter to do so. You'd set that up like this example: 
?name=inline-811169738.png

For the coupon, you have two options: a static coupon that is the same for all customers, or a unique coupon that is different for every customer. 

If you want to use a static coupon, you can just create that code in Shopify and put it in the email directly. 

If you want to use custom coupons for all recipients, you can follow this guide to get that set up: Unique Coupon Codes for Shopify

I would recommend checking out our Community articles regarding this:

Hope that helped,

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Thanks @alex.hong - a welcome flow with a dynamic or static coupon will do the trick for part 2.  For part 1, it sounds like @curtis has profiles in his Klaviyo account who are not in his list that they want to email (non-opted, active profiles).

Is that right, @curtis?

I’d be careful of sending emails to people who haven’t opted in (especially since it’s been a while since they took the action that got them in your Klaviyo account).  They could mark your email as spam and hurt your deliverability (help article).

If you do email them, you could send them to a full page embed form. Here’s a link that shows you how:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005251988-Embed-a-Full-Subscribe-Page-on-Your-Website

Badge +3

OK… I get how to set up the design portion of my subscribe page with the logo and other what not, but I don’t know where to embed the code below.  It says ‘to your site’. Where on your site?

<iframe id="klaviyo_subscribe_page" src="SUBSCRIBE_URL&embed=1" seamless="seamless" width="100%" scrolling="no" ></iframe>

<script type="text/javascript" src="//a.klaviyo.com/media/js/lib/iframeresizer.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">iFrameResize({}, '#klaviyo_subscribe_page');</script>

I assume the SUBSCRIBE_URL in that code is where I paste the URL I copied and leave the ‘&embed=1’ portion alone.

When I do send out an email what link should I use in the email (via a Button) for them to click on and be directed into this whole process?

Or am I just completely lost?

…..I am on Big commerce and I see that I can make a blank ‘page’ and copy the HTLM there (seen above) OR do I put it in my Footer Script ?

I did view this article (https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006897412-How-to-embed-a-signup-form-on-your-website) but I am not sure if it refers to something else….