Solved

Incorrect email SMS Flow

• 24 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi There,

Once a month we do a promotion where we offer free entry into our venues for the first hour of the day. (We are an indoor Playcentre company).

We have successfully been able to establish this through Klayvio creating a new a signup form, list and a flow that will send them a “free entry ticket” for the day via email.

One of the things we would like to do is when a customer enters the incorrect email address and the email bounces it will SMS the customer to let them know that they entered the wrong email address and to re-start the process. I have attached the flows we have setup. (we collect SMS and Email consent on the signup form)

What seems to be happening is that Klayvio flags the email as bounced then suppresses the profile for both SMS and Email, preventing the SMS from being sent.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

icon

Best answer by Dov 24 January 2022, 23:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @pbau91,

Thanks for your reply and the additional insight.

Ok! In this case, I recommend creating a segment using the $source property of Klaviyo sign-up form. By default, the $source value will be the name of the Klaviyo sign-up form, and it would look something like the following:

Next, clone your existing flow and select the new segment as the trigger. You can sunset your existing flow by turning all emails to draft mode.

Now any user who fills this specific form will enter this flow and still receive the SMS message, even if they are no longer a part of the list.

Thanks for being a member of our community :)

Badge +2

Hi Dov,

Looks like its due to them being removed from the list, SMS consent is still there for all the profiles. The skip reason is because they are no longer in the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @pbau91,

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I’m glad that you have this flow up and running!

Now in terms of the issue. To clarify, a hard bounce suppressing an email address, should not impact SMS consent status.

I would start by checking the skip reasons for each profile in the flow email. I suspect that the SMS consent status was revoked prior to them being queued-up for this SMS message in your flow (rather than a result of them bouncing). The key point to keep in mind is SMS consent status is tied to the phone number. So if profile A has phone number A and profile B has phone number A, if profile A unsubscribes from SMS at some point, that will carry over to profile B as well. You can confirm the user’s skip reason by cross-referencing it with the SMS consent status on the profile.

Also, if the user hard bounces, they can be removed from a list that could be another reason why the user was skipped. The skip reasons will give us a little more insight into what’s happening at that step but in either scenario, SMS skips shouldn’t be because of revoked email consent.

I hope that’s helpful.