Solved

Is it possible to create a SITE abandonment flow?

• 16 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi there

Is it possible to create a Site Abandonment flow that are triggered “When someone Active on Site” - and not browse abandonment that is triggered “When someone Viewed Product”.

If so, which Dynamic variable do I use? - if any?

Best Regards

Erik /Gilpa

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 17 October 2022, 17:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Erik-Gilpa

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

Do you mind sharing who you are looking to target with this flow? You can use the ‘Active on site’ metric to trigger the flow, but I would definitely recommend adding a time delay and flow filters like has not ‘viewed product’ or ‘started checkout’ since being in this flow. These filters would help to not create a essentially duplicate ‘abandon cart’ or ‘browse abandonment’ flows as the ‘active on site’ trigger would queue almost all of your customers and we wouldn’t want them getting bombarded with emails from multiple flows. 

In fact, it isn’t considered good practice to email customers based on their browsing. Instead, I would recommend using the metric ‘Active on Site’ to instead help segment your contacts based on their engagement level, while Viewed Product tracking can enable you to send customers reminders in a browse abandonment flow

Thanks for your participation in the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Taylor Tarpley 

Thanks 

I can see what you mean and i will use my energy on other flows. I already have cart and browse Abandonment.

The reason for my question about site abandonment was that I had heard it referred to as a good supplement to the other two.

Thanks again for taking your time to answer me. 

Best 

Erik

Abandon site flow is no doubt underestimated flow in klaviyo and luckily i have blog on it and step by step complete guide 

https://alixemail.com/abandon-site-flow-klaviyo/

Badge +1

Hi @Erik-Gilpa

I would add to all the following that you should definitely do an abandoned site flow., Why not??? You could create one segment to check how many are active on site and did no other action like view product, add to cart, started checkout. I would exclude new subscribers from this segment. I would also exclude from the flow all the profiles that have made one action like the ones mentioned (view product, add to cart, started checkout) and definitely exclude from that flow anyone that is currently in the welcome series flow. 

Hope it helps.