Solved

Is It Possible To Display A Specific Product Feed Depending On User's Geo Location?

Badge +1

Hi there!  I sell products that are specific to the individual 50 states in the United States.  I see that Klaviyo is able to identify the user’s state when their profile gets added upon opting in.

I would like to create 50 specific product feeds.  One for all of the Alabama products, one for all of the Alaska products, and so on.

My question is… is there a way to create and send an e-mail that dynamically loads the proper product feed based on the user’s location?

I know I could send 50 emails out, and make each of them specific to a state… but what I’d love to do is be able to create one email, and then have the user’s geo location determine the exact product feed used.

Does anybody know if this achievable?  If so, are there any specific resources related to this that I can study?  Thank you!

Justin

icon

Best answer by retention 3 May 2022, 01:01

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @blasemedia - welcome to the community!

I think one way to approach this is to have your 50 State-specific Product Feeds, and then use a Dynamic Block to show/hide based on the Profiles’ location (State in your case).  You can learn more about the Dynamic Block Show/Hide feature here:

Though I’m not sure if you can add 50 Dynamic Blocks in one email template, you may want to try 5 emails (of 10 States each) or 10 emails (of 5 States each) to make it a bit more manageable.  

Let us know how it works out!

Badge +1

Thank you!  I was investigating this method too and was wondering if it would break things if I tried to have 50 dynamic blocks in one email template.  I like the idea of “chunking them up” into smaller pieces like you mention as well.  Thanks for replying!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Let us know how it’s work @blasemedia 

Badge +1

Will do.  I will be working on this over the next few days and will report back.

Badge +1

Hi All.  I just wanted to come back and update everyone on this.

I have confirmed that I can, in fact, pack 50 different dynamic blocks based on “state” into one e-mail.  I have tested it extensively and it seems to work great.  The email builder did seem to get a bit slower once I had a few dozen blocks added, but it still works well.