Solved

Is there a way to create unique discount code for one product only in one email?

• 5 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi guys, I’m currently trying to create a browse abandonment flow and I was wondering if there’s a way I can create unique discount code specifically for the customer’s viewed product only? 

For instance:

A customer viewed a product and abandoned the site and triggered the flow. I would like to send him a special 5% discount that is ONLY APPLICABLE for the product he viewed, and the discount only lasts for 3 days. 

If there’s a way, would I need to manually create unique coupon for each customer who is in the browse abandonment flow?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Cheers.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 5 October 2021, 18:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Cindy

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! We are so happy you’re here! 

I love your idea to incentivize your customers who view items and don’t follow through with an action. It should be noted that Klaviyo autogenerates unique coupons differently depending on your specific integration and unique coupons do not have to be manually generated. Unfortunately, because of the nature of how a dynamic coupon functions, there is no way to dynamically assign a specific product to the coupon’s target. Meaning it is impossible to designate specific, unique coupons to each customer’s specific viewed product. If you wanted to assign a coupon to one static product, i.e. only one specific product, you would need to create that coupon in advance.

Although it isn’t exactly what you wanted to accomplish originally, a potential workaround could be to create Conditional Splits in Your Flow Depending on Product Category. This way you could create more relative post-browse abandonment emails for the specific category of product your customers were intrigued by and give more a relevant coupons. This potential option would be the best way to not have hundreds of conditional splits based on individual products, but cap it to more like 10 or so based on your product categories. I can understand that this might be too ‘broad’ of a solution and not as personalized as you initially wanted, but this is as close as we can get to the main idea of what you wanted to accomplish. 

Thank you for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Thank you Taylor! I’ll certainly look into the conditional splits! 

Badge +2

Hi @Cindy

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! We are so happy you’re here! 

I love your idea to incentivize your customers who view items and don’t follow through with an action. It should be noted that Klaviyo autogenerates unique coupons differently depending on your specific integration and unique coupons do not have to be manually generated. Unfortunately, because of the nature of how a dynamic coupon functions, there is no way to dynamically assign a specific product to the coupon’s target. Meaning it is impossible to designate specific, unique coupons to each customer’s specific viewed product. If you wanted to assign a coupon to one static product, i.e. only one specific product, you would need to create that coupon in advance.

Although it isn’t exactly what you wanted to accomplish originally, a potential workaround could be to create Conditional Splits in Your Flow Depending on Product Category. This way you could create more relative post-browse abandonment emails for the specific category of product your customers were intrigued by and give more a relevant coupons. This potential option would be the best way to not have hundreds of conditional splits based on individual products, but cap it to more like 10 or so based on your product categories. I can understand that this might be too ‘broad’ of a solution and not as personalized as you initially wanted, but this is as close as we can get to the main idea of what you wanted to accomplish. 

Thank you for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor 

Hi, is there a way to add dynamic discount code to browse abandonment product block or viewed product feed?