Solved

Is there a way to restrict flow content by calendar date?

• 8 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi, 

In our post-purchase flow, one of the emails is promoting a seasonal product (wool overcoat). 

This is the 7th email in the flow, and the goal would be to have this email fire if the send date is say between 1st September - 31st March. 

If the customer was lined up to receive this email in July, for example, we’d like a filter to kick in and skip this particular email. 

Just to be clear, we want people to join this flow year-round, but this particular email in the sequence is seasonal. 

Thank you in advance for any thoughts/suggestions.

Will 

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 8 September 2022, 19:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Wmorris2468,

Thanks for sharing this with our community.

The short answer is there isn’t a “seasonal-specific” filter that can be used to sort out these users based on set dates.

For seasonal-type emails, I recommend creating a segment of the desired users (i.e. anyone who has purchased in the last 30 days) and scheduling a campaign to email them during the appropriate season. You can create multiple segments if you’d like to batch send to users depending on their purchase period e i.e. for people who purchased in July, send them a campaign promoting the seasonal item in September, for people who purchased in August, send them a campaign in October etc. And these can all be scheduled in advance.

If anybody else has other creative solutions, it would be awesome to brainstorm those here as well :).

I hope that suggestion was helpful and thanks for being a community member.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

I like @Dov’s idea.  Keeps it clean and easy. 

Something I’ve done in a flow that may be similar is branching out orders that were placed during key sales dates (ie. Black Friday).  Here’s the condition I use (can adjust the dates based on the time it takes from entering the flow to getting that conditional statement):

Badge +3

Hi @Dov and @Mailbox Manny 

Sorry for taking a while to get back!

Thank you for your responses. I like both ideas and I will be able use them to address what I was struggling with. 

I’m always super impressed with this forum - Thank you very much 😎

Will