Solved

is there an article that explains how to set this up....

• 1 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Can anyone forward me an article on how to do the following:

I have created a blog post where I want to set up a system where when someone clicks on a link, it pops up a box where they would type their email address in and then an email that I create gets sent to them with a downloadable PDF. (concept is in exchange for their email, they get a free PDF file of something I am offering). 

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 2 December 2021, 01:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @everindigo,

Welcome to the Community! 

In order to create a form to collect emails, I would recommend taking a look into our signup form documentation to get started making your first form. From there, you could create a flow that triggers when someone has filled out the form/added to a list or segment. You can send a PDF to a segment if that is what you are referring to. If so, the solution is to first create a campaign and then follow the instructions in this document to attach the PDF to the email. Unfortunately, you cannot attach or use a PDF file in Klaviyo however you can always host the PDF on your own server or site, then use that URL and paste it into a button or link within your email.

I am also going to provide other articles to get started with Klaviyo.

For specific product areas, here are some great step-by-step guides to start with:

Flows

Getting started with Flows

Flow Triggers and Filters

Campaigns

Create and Send a Campaign

Getting started with Smart Send Time

SMS

Getting started with SMS

Templates

Create, edit, manage and delete Templates

Lists

Create and add Contacts to a new List

Segments

Getting started with building Segments

The difference between Segments and Lists

The rest of our guides are available in our searchable Help Center. You can also check out our Blog for additional articles.

Hope this helped point you in the right direction!
Alex

Badge +2

Alex, Thank you so much. I will look into all of this. I appreciate your response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Glad I could help @everindigo! Feel free to post a new question in the Community whenever you run into issues :)