Solved

Is there any limit number of transactional email?

• 31 July 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +4

I have created a social network site to promote the company online business which is hosted by shopify. Since I am more familiar with Klaviyo, I want all our emails (login, reset password, goal achievement..etc) sent from the Klaviyo. Is there any limitation on number of emails I can send in one day?

icon

Best answer by David To 31 July 2021, 15:40

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @SK101,

Great question!

There isn’t a limit on how many emails within your account that are marked as transactional. In the same regards, there would not be a limitation on how many of them get sent out within a single day. However, since transactional emails are still considered emails being sent from your account, there may be a limit to how many emails you can send in a given month based on your Klaviyo subscription plan - which these emails would count towards.

You can learn more about what is considered a transactional email and the process required to get ones approved from the Guide to Using Flows to Send Transactional Emails Help Center article. 

Thanks for being a Klaviyo Community member!

David

Badge +4

How long it is going to take to get those emails reviewed? A couple of days a couple of weeks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @SK101,

The review process for transactional emails are fairly quick. However the time it takes does vary depending on the bandwidth of our corresponding support team members and there may be a slight delay in the approval process should there be an influx of support requests. From my experience, the approval process should not take a couple of weeks. 

As a reminder, after configuring your flow and its email content, when reaching out to our support teams, the information you’ll need to include are:

• Subject of your request: “Transactional Email Request"
  • URL link(s) to the flow(s)
  • Flow name(s)
  • Subject line of the email(s) that are transactional

Have a great day!

David

Badge +4

Sorry I have another question. If I want to send email every single time user has generate the event is there any way to do? Currently it will send an email to user but second time the user create an event it skips and don’t send an email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @SK101,

Can you confirm if your flow is triggered by a metric and not a list or segment? Metric triggered flows allow contacts to trigger a flow as many times as they record the associated event. The same would not be true for a list or segment triggered flow as they would only trigger once for your customers. You can learn the difference between a metric triggered flow and a list and segment triggered flows from the Guide to Creating a Metric-Triggered FlowGuide to Creating a List-Triggered Flow, and Guide to Creating a Segment-Triggered Flow Help Center articles.

In addition, I would suggest reviewing how your flow is set up, particularly if you have any flow filters or trigger filters in place that may be preventing your customers from receiving the flow a subsequent time.

For example, if your flow was triggered by a Placed Order event and a customer made two orders back-to-back and triggers the Placed Order event twice, this specific customer would be going through the flow twice and receiving the experience two times. However, if you had any flow filters in place, those would still be evaluated for each time they enter the flow. For example, if you happened to have a flow filter such as “Has not been in this flow, Skip anyone who has been in this flow in the last X-timeframe” then this customer would only receive the flow experience once. This is because the customer currently going through the first instance of the flow would not meet the flow requirements for the second time they triggered the flow. This is further explained in the How Contacts Move Through a Flow Help Center articles. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +4

This is for metric trigger flow for resetting password. https://www.klaviyo.com/flow/X4KC5e/edit We have just submitted for the review so maybe once it goes through I should be able to receive the email?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @SK101,

I would suggest taking a look at the How Contacts Move Through a Flow Help Center article to learn more about how contacts are navigated through a flow. 

In the instance that the flow was not Live or not built out at the time someone records the metric that triggers the flow, the flow email would not be sent to the users retroactively. Similarly, having a flow email approved as transactional would not re-sent an email retroactively to users. 

Another potential cause of your emails not sending in a flow despite triggering the associated event may be due to the length of time the event was actually recorded. I elaborated on this point in detail in the following Community Post:

In addition, I would also recommend going through and reviewing Klaviyo’s Troubleshooting a Flow Help Center article which covers a number of common flow troubleshooting steps as well as an interactive flow troubleshoot form.

David

Badge +1

Hi. Is it possible to setup transactional emails without flows? Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Arturas24,

Transactional emails can only be delivered through flows. This is because transactional emails are ones sent in response to an action your customers have taken. Campaign emails, which are brand initiated, cannot be marked transactional. 

To learn more about setting up, using, and what types of flows are commonly considered transactional, I would advise taking a look at our Guide to Using Flows to Send Transactional Emails Help Center article.

David