Solved

Klaviyo & Shopify flow

Badge +1

Hello 

I have a quick question regarding Shopify & Klaviyo flow. 

I have create a flow on Klaviyo for abandoned cart. But, Shopify is still sending the Shopify’s automatic “abandonned cart” notification ! 

I guess i will have some problem for all automatic mail from shopify ( confirmation of order etc). 

And can i solve this issue ? 

Thanks 

Magali 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 23 May 2022, 21:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @magalivegas,

Welcome to the Community. If you do choose to start an abandoned cart in Klaviyo, then yes we'd recommend turning the Shopify one off so customers won't be bombarded with emails. 

Klaviyo doesn't only send to subscribers, we send to anyone who'd profile is active in Klaviyo (not suppressed/unsubscribed). 

I'd like to explain that Shopify's Abandoned Cart is different from Klaviyo's Checkout Started. Klaviyo's Abandoned Cart flow is triggered by the Checkout Started metric, while Shopify's Abandoned Cart flow is triggered by the Abandoned Cart metric.

In Klaviyo, a Checkout Started event is tracked when a customer enters his/her contact and shipping information ("Customer information") on the first page of the Shopify checkout process and clicks continue ("Continue to delivery method"). Abandoned Checkout occurs in Shopify when a customer leaves checkout after the first page without completing their purchase.

If you'd like customers to get abandoned cart emails from the "added to cart" action instead - which seems like the case here, please follow the steps in this article.

This would require you to also update your flow so the emails are triggered from the "added to cart" event and not "checkout started.

Hope this helped,

Alex

Badge +1

Hi Alex 

Thank you. 

I have 1 question : 

• is there any Abandoned Cart template to export on Shopify ? ( like “Order confirmation” template exists etc … ) ?

Thks 

Magali

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @magalivegas,

At this time, we do not have a Shopify template for Abandoned Cart, because it is meant to be sent from Klaviyo instead.  You can find a pre-built one in the Flows Automation Library
You can't use a Klaviyo template on Shopify, as you can't use a Shopify template on Klaviyo. We don't use the same tags. So,  If you want to send your abandoned cart emails from Shopify, you'll have to create the template from scratch. Or you can continue using your existing Klaviyo Abandoned cart Flow.

Hope that helped,

Alex

Badge +1

Hi Alex, 

Can you send me the link of the mentionned article (“If you'd like customers to get abandoned cart emails from the "added to cart" action instead - which seems like the case here, please follow the steps in this article). Sorry but the link doesn’t work properly on my computer. 

When I was saying template, i was talking about pre built in the Flows automation library. Can you confirm that these flows can be copy paste on shopify ( this is what i am currently doing for confirmarton of order etc so you get me confuse here). 

Thks 

Magali

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @magalivegas,

Double checked and the HC article still links properly. Here is a direct link if it still does not work for you (https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001396711-Create-a-Custom-Added-to-Cart-Event-for-Shopify)

Our flow emails will not work in Shopify because we use a different coding language from Shopify. The only emails that you can export out of Klaviyo into Shopify are the ones in your Email Templates page with Shopify in their title. All other emails will not work.

Maybe this article (https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005080587-How-to-Personalize-and-Export-Shopify-Notification-Emails) could be of use as well.