• 17 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

There are simply too many steps required to send a test email for a campaign:

1. Go to the campaign content

2. Click "Edit email"

3. Click "Preview email"

4. Select "Send as an email" instead of the default "Show directly in Klaviyo"

I can do this in HubSpot with one click, and every other ESP I’ve used has had a similarly simple interface.

If Klaviyo wants to be taken seriously as an email platform, they need to get the basics right.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Pkirby,

Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding the process.

I would like to share that:

To preview a campaign or a list-, segment-, or date-triggered flow email in the new template editor: 

1. Click Preview and test from the template editor 
  2. Click Search for a profile and enter the email of a profile that includes the variable you’d like to add 
  3. Preview the message in Klaviyo’s previewer or click Send Test to send a test to your inbox
  4. Click Done to return to the editor

To preview an event-triggered flow email: 

1. Click Preview and test from the template editor 
  2. Under Preview data source, click Event
  3. Select an event from the dropdown
  4. If needed, use the arrows to the right of Previewing with recent event: to preview different instances of the event
  5. Preview the message in Klaviyo’s previewer or click Send Test to send a test to your inbox
  6. Click Done to return to the editor

While previewing the email in Klaviyo’s preview modal, you have a few previewing options: 

• Desktop/Mobile
    Toggle between desktop and mobile views of your message
  • Preview data source
    Choose between previewing with Profile data (for emails sent as campaigns or list-, segment-, or date-triggered flows)
  • Send Test
    Use this button to send an email to your own inbox

I’ll let the product team know about your feedback but in the meantime I would recommend reading out HC article on preview and sending test emails. Thanks!
Alex