Solved

Managing returns and flows

• 5 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi!

I’m very new to all of this and am just wondering, let’s say I have a flow created to send a series of emails to a customer after they purchase. 

Is there any way to somehow exclude those from the flow who go on and end up returning the order? (My industry has decently high return rates - 15-20% is normal) so this is a good chunk of people. The emails wouldn’t make a lot of sense if they’ve returned the item. 

I use Shopify and we normally don’t “restock” the item but rather do a part refund as we charge a restock fee.

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Edgar Emmanuel 5 July 2022, 15:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Shannon, so I would assume the Flow you created for this is a Review/Cross-sell flow and not Post-purchase Flow. The reason I said that is that the trigger for Review/Cross-sell is ‘Fulfilled Order’, while that of Post-purchase is ‘Placed Order’. You can now edit this flow however you want to save time building your own from scratch

What’s the difference?

For your particular question, a ‘Fulfilled Order’ is when a product has been shipped already, it gives you a more accurate idea of when a customer received your product. A ‘Placed Order’ trigger starts immediately a customer placed an order which won’t do it here for you.

It’s just a simple step. Just exclude people who have refunded their order within a certain period of time.

You need to now set up Flow filters with these restrictions.

“What Someone has done (or not done)>>Someone has refunded order>>Zero times» in the last (14)days.

So here’s a quick example I drew up for you.

Of course, I wouldn’t know your refund policy at your store, so I made it 14 days which is an ample time for anyone to have tried the product and be ready for a follow-up/decided they might return it.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.