Solved

Message template, any way to use simple arithmetic on values?

• 5 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Is there any way to use simple maths in the message templates? e.g. {{ item.ItemPriceInEuroTotal * 0.95|floatformat:2 }} throws a formatting error because of the “* 0.95”. Is there any way I can do this in the template? thanks

icon

Best answer by David To 5 May 2021, 19:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @shane.mitchell,

Great question!
Performing math in email templates is supported through the use of variable filters. If you wish to multiple a variable, you can use the |multiply tag. 

From your example of multiplying the {{ item.ItemPriceInEuroTotal }} variable by 0.95, and applying a float format filter of 2, you can use the following syntax: {{ item.ItemPriceInEuroTotal|multiply:0.95|floatformat:2 }}

You can learn more about using variables, variable tags, and a list of commonly used tags from the following articles:

Hope this helps!

-David

Badge +4

This doesn’t seem to work for me. Any thoughts @david.to 

Save: ${{ event.Price|multiply:0.90|floatformat:2 }}

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @mangrovedigital,

I believe for events the proper syntax would be: {% currency_format event.Price|multiply:0.9 %}

Let me know if that helped,

Alex

Badge +1

{% currency_format event.Price|multiply:0.9 %}

doesn’t work

and

{{ event.Price|multiply:0.90|floatformat:2 }}

doesn’t work

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Weaverc 

With the first syntax you used {% currency_format event.Price|multiply:0.9 %}, are you using this exactly or are you using double curly brackets around it? It should look like this {{% currency_format event.Price|multiply:0.9 %}}.

Let me know if you’ve already tried this or if it still doesn’t work for you.