Solved

Missing values when creating trigger split

• 20 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi - Fairly new Klaviyo, building out custom flows using our API data. 

When configuring trigger splits the list of dimensions seems incorrect when I look at the trigger itself there is far more data pushed across yet I can’t seem to see it when building flows. 

I understand that the dimensions/properties won’t show unless they’ve been pushed across but when looking at the activity feed of the trigger itself there are many examples of the data I’m looking for. for example duel_tier_unlock_promo is not present on the trigger breakdown yet it shows when building the flow. 

Am I missing something here? Is a dimension different from a property? 

Many thanks for your help in advance.

See missing ‘dimensions’ below

And see the Activity Feed + properties for the trigger in question

icon

Best answer by retention 20 January 2022, 23:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @stove.arena - I’m not sure I quite understand your question, but just to be clear:

Trigger Filters - are rules you can apply based on Event Properties that are sent with the specific Trigger of that Flow.  In your example, it will be limited to all the data that comes with an instance of your custom event you labelled as Duel: Member tier Up

Flow Filters - are rules/conditions you can apply from top-level (First Level) behaviors (events) or Profile properties.  This can be any past behavior event or conditions on profile properties.

If you look in your Analytics → Metrics → Duel: Member tier up → Activity Feed

And click on a specific event’s timestamp, a modal will popup and show you an example of the data that is passed to Klaviyo in that event.  

Here’s an example of seeing the details for a “Placed Order” event:

Not sure if this answered your question, but a deeper dive in the difference between a Trigger Filter vs Flow Filter is explained here:

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

Hi @retention

Thanks for getting back to me much appreciated. That has clarified it for me, I should be using Flow filters and not Trigger filters when filtering for profile properties. 

My confusion was the fact ‘profile properties’ are pushed across with the trigger but aren’t necessarily ‘data coming in from the event’. 

Thanks again,