Solved

Need help integrating Shipmonk to send tracking info

• 16 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

We use Shipmonk as our 3PL. When a shipment has been shipped by them, they send back by API the tracking info to our WooCommerce.

I need help integrating the tracking data to flow to an email to the customer. Klaviyo does not seem to have a solution.

icon

Best answer by Dov 17 September 2021, 15:40

View original

7 replies

Badge +1

I have the same issue but with SHIPSTATION! Why is this so difficult? If aftership is able to retrieve the data why cant Klaviyo? I have to spend an extra $500 a month just so aftership can be a middle man in between shipstation and Klaviyo. what a joke! Im paying you guys an increased fee and I would like some increased service! 

Hey! Unfortunately we were having so many like issues--it literally lasted months, we decided to switch our store to Shopify (we were using woocommerce before) and now we do the transactional emails with Shopify and they automatically send tracking so you won’t need a third party app (we use shipmonk and they have an integration with shopify so once the tracking number is automatically added to an order, shopify sends out a tracking email). We still use Klaviyo for other emails, like cart abandonment, marketing, etc. Good luck

Badge +1

I have the same issue but with SHIPSTATION! Why is this so difficult? If aftership is able to retrieve the data why cant Klaviyo? I have to spend an extra $500 a month just so aftership can be a middle man in between shipstation and Klaviyo. what a joke! Im paying you guys an increased fee and I would like some increased service! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @brose,

Thanks for your reply.

Your request is the first since I created the original note to the product team. With that said, I’ve added your feedback to the initial request. If feature requests continue to come through, the product team would then consider such an item on their roadmap. In the meantime, I recommend purusing one of the workarounds in the post above.

I hope that’s helpful and thanks for being a community member.

Badge +1

hi @Dov 

is there an update on this? I have the exact same request. We use woocommerce and shipmonk and would like to integrate shipmonk to send tracking info. 

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @ArnaudLaf,

Thank you for your comment.

Yes, it was submitted as a feature proposal to the product team. The team reviews each request carefully and if there is enough widespread interest in developing such a feature, it will be added to the roadmap. If there are any further advancements with respect to developing Shipmonk as a direct integration, I will update this thread to keep everyone apprised.

In the meantime, I recommend using one of the outlined solutions above.

Thanks for being a member of our community. 

Badge +2

Hi @Dov ,

I’m in the same case as Truly Clear.
Do you have news to share regarding a direct Shipmonk integration?

For non tech people. these solutions you mention are quite complicated.

Thank you,

Arnaud.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @Truly Clear,

Thank you for sharing this question with the Klaviyo Community.

Currently, Klaviyo can only ingest the data from WooCommerce that we have outlined in our help center documentation for Woo. The main metrics are depicted below.

Standard Metrics Synced from WooCommerce to Klaviyo

We also do not have a direct integration with Shipmonk that would allow us to ingest that shipment data directly.

There are a couple of alternative solutions.

The first is to use another 3rd party app that Klaviyo directly integrates with for shipping data, such as Aftership or ShipStation

Alternatively, you can leverage our Track API. The Track API is used to send custom events and event data to Klaviyo. In theory, you can create a shipping event using the API and contain any event-data that you wish with this event i.e. shipping date and send it directly to Klaviyo. If you decide to pursue this solution, I recommend using our API reference guide for assistance.

Additionally, we have some base-code you can use for a shipping event specifically, that can be found here in our documentation on Setting Up API-based Transactional events. This also uses the server-side Track API.

Once that event is passed to Klaviyo via the API, you can create a metric-triggered flow triggered off of that event, and add flow emails. Within the flow emails, you can contain all information pertaining to the event. For example, the shipping date and any other important information you’d like to include in the custom event. For more information on how to pull this data into your flow email, I recommend checking out our guide on using event variables in flows and reading through the thread below:

Additionally, I will file a feature proposal with the product team for a direct Shipmonk integration.

Thanks and have a great weekend.