Solved

New editor - not showing dollar sign for order total

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi folks, 

I’m probably missing something here, but I’ve followed this guide https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408802597659-How-to-Build-Dynamic-Blocks-in-a-Flow-Email-new-editor-

and while I can get everything else displaying ok, total value for the order won’t display with a dollar sign, and I can’t figure out why… any suggestions (it’s a Shopify store)? This is what I have in place:

Total Order Value: {{ event|lookup:'$value' }}

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 2 May 2022, 19:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sometimes even if you folow the steps properly

There's gonna be glitch in klaviyo new editor

Kindly contact klaviyo support team

Please like these post if it was helpful

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @wernstrom 

You can change the currency display for a specific template by navigating to the Styles section of any template. Here, you will see a Currency dropdown.

Classic Editor

2017-10-17_14-04-46.png

New Editor

New_editor_change_currency.jpg

When you update the currency format on the template level, the display of any values dynamically populated into your template will be updated to reflect the conventions of the new currency:

• The currency symbol
  • The placement of the currency symbol (i.e. prefix or suffix)
  • The punctuation used in formatting the value (i.e. commas or periods, etc.)

2017-10-17_14-05-54.gif

This setting overrides the default currency setting in your account, but only for the current template. This is useful if you are segmenting based on geographical region and are targeting your campaign content based on different locations.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @stephen.trumble , thanks for reminding me about the currency settings in the styles tab, I’d missed that - however, it hasn’t fixed the issue:

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @stephen.trumble, I’ve been able to add 2 decimal places thanks to another post on here, but the dollar sign will still not display… I have updated the style settings. Any suggestions?

Badge

How about using this:

{% currency_format event.extra.subtotal_price %}

{% currency_format event.extra.shipping_lines.0.price %}

{% currency_format event|lookup:'$value' %}

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

How about using this:

{% currency_format event.extra.subtotal_price %}

{% currency_format event.extra.shipping_lines.0.price %}

{% currency_format event|lookup:'$value' %}

Thanks, I’ll give that a shot!