Solved

New to List triggers 2 Flows using filters -- but only 1 is sending properly

• 6 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

We have a subscription service and have created 2 welcome flows based on very simple criteria:

• Flow #1 (Welcome Free Subscribers)
    • New to List “Subscribers”
    • Recurly Plan Codes is False

• Flow #2 (Welcome Paid Subscribers)
    • New to List “Subscribers”
    • Recurly Plan Codes contains beta228 (the name of our paid plan)

We sent a bunch of test users through the flow, and in Preview Trigger Setup both Flows looks perfect. For example, here is the preview of a test email that should get only Flow #2:

PREVIEW TRIGGER SETUP FOR FLOW #1
PREVIEW TRIGGER SETUP FOR FLOW #2​

So this email clearly should get flow #2, but Flow #2 is NOT being triggered (oddly, it seems to have worked once, but I cannot for the life of me see what distinguished that one Profile from the others). 

Flow #1 is working perfectly, by the way.

In Flow Analytics, here’s what I see:

Flow #1 Analytics: Emails that should get Flow #2 appear as Skipped: Failed Flow Filters.

Flow #2 Analytics: Emails that should get Flow #2 do not appear

I pray that I’m missing something simple. Should I be creating Segments and targeting that way? 

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 7 September 2021, 18:39

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

Resolved.

Flow logic was relying on 2 data sources that were not populating profiles at the exact same moment.

1. Our own API delivered the data quickly
  2. Recurly’s integration with Klaviyo was taking up to 6 minutes to populate the Klaviyo Profile. 

So the Preview Trigger Setup looked good after the fact, but if you looked at it as the data was flowing in real-time, it was very confused.

Our short-term solution is to delay things 10 minutes before sending. Not ideal. Our long term solution is to bypass Klaviyo’s Recurly integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @QuakerWildcat 

Thank you for sharing this question with the Klaviyo Community! I am happy that you were able to find a solution!

Although many of Klaviyo’s integrations sync data in real time, depending on the integration, it can happen immediately or take up to an hour to sync. This is what you were seeing with a slight delay. I glad that you were able to figure this out on your own! What resources did you use or what experience did you have to uncover this? 

Thank you for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +2

Ran more tests and watched the data flowing. The Preview Trigger Setup had looked perfect but only after the fact. When we checked immediately after putting data into Klaviyo, it was wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @QuakerWildcat 

Thank you for the follow up on what you did to solve your flows! I’m sure someone else in the community will come across this and find it very helpful! Thank you again for contributing to the Klaviyo Community!