Solved

Not exiting abandon cart flow when purchase was made

• 22 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I have an abandon cart flow that is set up with 4 emails. I have a filter on there that says placed an order zero times. So why did my customer who ended up placing an order not exit this flow?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 23 November 2022, 09:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Healing The Hyperbaric Way ,

Since we have limited access on the Community to seeing your entire flow set up + specific customer data for examples, I can only guide you with four reasons that your customers may still receive an Abandoned Cart email after placing an order.

1. Your time delay between a customer starting a checkout and the first email of the flow is not long enough.
    We recommend waiting approximately 4 hours before sending the first abandoned cart email. Whatever you choose for your flow, you'll want to make sure it's enough time for the integration to sync. For more information, head to our article on How Often Integrations Sync
  2. Your customer triggered multiple checkout started events but only placed one order.
    Each time your customer triggers a checkout started event, they enter your flow. 
  3. Your events are coming in out of order.
    Check into the customer profile: is there a started checkout event after the placed order and ordered product events for that item? If so, comment below to receive further instructions.
  4. The customer placed order event is not present in their profile.
    If you look into the customer profile in Klaviyo and do not see a placed order event listed, but the customer states they placed an order, please reach out to your ecommerce support team to resolve this issue.

My guess is that you have customers starting multiple checkout events and that is why they continue down the flow.