Solved

Optimizing custom HTML/CSS for mobile view

Badge +1

Hey,

So I custom coded my email using HTML, but that code is not working out that well for the mobile version. Is there any way to custom code separately for the mobile version and the desktop version?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Dov 6 June 2022, 15:45

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

I mean I started with the Klaviyo editor and wrote some html/css there itself.

Is there any way to do mobile version separately now that I have done desktop first?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@dhruvm I think what @Dov is saying is that for an email to be mobile friendly you'd need to add the responsive version in the same code.

Just to make sure, when you say you custom coded the desktop version do you mean with html/css or using the klaviyo editor?

With Mobile being used the most I would advice to start with Mobile in mind first and then make a desktop version. 

If you'd like to preview the mobile/desktop versions best is to use a tool like litmus and email on acid like Dov mentioned.

Hope this helps a bit.

Omar

Badge +1

Hey,

So since I custom coded the desktop version by myself, how do I do it for the mobile version as well, since I don’t see any option specifically to code for the mobile view separately?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @dhruvm,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

Yes you can certainly custom code your template to optimize it for mobile. However, your custom solution may require additional assistance from a developer to ensure you have a mobile friendly view. If you do not have access to a developer, then please consider our robust community of partner agencies to assist with this. You can browse our Klaviyo Agency Directory to decide which option is best suited for you.

You can also use email preview services like Litmus or Email on Acid to see what your emails would look like on different platforms prior to sending

Additionally you may find the following guides helpful:

Troubleshooting Custom HTML, CSS & Javascript in Klaviyo emails

Optimizing emails for mobile

General templates doc

Thanks for being a member of our community.