Solved

Order Confirmation (View Order Button Issues)

• 23 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Good morning Klaviyo Community!

My order confirmation flow is working except the “View Order” button, when I click it it leads to an error page. I tried creating a new order confirmation flow to copy the link, but it doesn’t have link. Does anyone have a clue have to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Vivid

icon

Best answer by Paul S 25 November 2020, 20:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Vividfootwear, could you try inserting {{ event.extra.order_status_url }} as the link associated with the button and test to see if that works properly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@Vividfootwear Are you on Shopify?  And what does your link currently look like on? And what is your Trigger?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello @retention,

We are on Shopify and we don’t have a link and the trigger is “after someone places an order”

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Good morning Klaviyo Community!

My order confirmation flow is working except the “View Order” button, when I click it it leads to an error page. I tried creating a new order confirmation flow to copy the link, but it doesn’t have link. We are on Shopify and the button does not have a link to the order details page.  We need help finding out what is causing this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Vivid

Badge +1

Hey there, I’m also having similar issues with the View Order button on my order confirmation email. The button isn’t clickable even though I have inserted {{ event.extra.order_status_url }} as the URL.

The order confirmation email is also not pulling up First Name… I currently have it as {{ first_name|default:'there' }} and it keeps showing ‘there’ even though I have input the First Name field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @ilovewaiwai,

Could you let me know whether you are trying to use this email within Shopify or within a flow in your Klaviyo account? That will determine what kind of dynamic tag you need to use with the button- Klaviyo and Shopify use different syntax, so what would work in Klaviyo would not work in Shopify and vice versa. We have this guide that provides some common examples of dynamic tags, but because what tags you can use differ across each integration and each event, we are unable to compile an exhaustive list. 

For Klaviyo, there should be an order URL property in that event's data, which should give you a dynamic tag that you could use to pull that URL into your email as described here: About Using Event Variables to Personalize Flows.  You should be able to use the Preview function in our email template editor to view the event data and find this dynamic tag.

You can do this within a Flow as long as you're using a Flow in Klaviyo that is triggered by the Placed Order or Fulfilled Order metric. From any flow email, you'll want to select preview and then look through the Preview Email modal until you see the order_status_url event. Click on it and you'll be shown the following event variable:

This variable can then be added in the Link URL of a button and will redirect customers to their order status page.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Alex