Solved

Order Placed if item is out of stock

• 31 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hey Klaviyo folks!

Is there a way to create a flow that sends an email to a customer if the ordered item is out of stock?

The trigger is placed order, and I’m hoping to add a condition that says something along the lines of...if the item ordered quantity is <=0, send an email.

I couldn’t find it.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Akers Digital 31 August 2022, 05:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Are you using Shopify at all?
If so, I think a better user experience would be to turn off the feature to sell a product when inventory is less than 0 and use the Klaviyo Back In Stock notifications tied to a flow instead of taking back orders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Ming_LA 

@Akers Digital is 100% right, depending on your integration the best user experience would be to set up a back in stock flow. Here are the different help center articles you might need in order to accomplish this: 

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

OK thanks. Yeah I use Shopify, but I want to continue selling when out of stock but send customers an automated email. I’ll find some other solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi @Ming_LA

Out of curiosity, what would be the reason to keep selling if out stock? Are you able to re-stock quickly? 

Just asking in-case there’s a use-case I haven’t seen yet!

Cheers

Badge +2

Hi @Ming_LA

Out of curiosity, what would be the reason to keep selling if out stock? Are you able to re-stock quickly? 

Just asking in-case there’s a use-case I haven’t seen yet!

Cheers

Yup, pretty much what you said!