Solved

"Ordered Product" trigger to only send a single email for multiple orders of same product

• 23 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hey there,

I need some help with my product-specific post-purchase emails.

I’ve currently got it set up with the “Ordered Product” trigger and have the specific products' productID filter on it.

However, I’m having issues with those that order multiple of the same product because an “Ordered Product” event is created for each product in the order; the flow is then sending the email multiple times; for example, if someone orders 3 of the same product then they’ll receive 3x of the same email. 

Is it possible to have the flow only send the email once, regardless of how many of the same products are in the order? I know its possible by using the “Placed Order” trigger and using a conditional split, but I’ve found the email takes a lot longer to send due to the volume of people that it filters through the flow.

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 23 November 2022, 18:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Theod2022

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

Yes, this can happen if a profile takes a flow trigger action multiple times in a row, like for instance orders multiple products. This is because you can go through a metric-triggered flow multiple times as well. To prevent this from happening in the future, you can add this flow filter to prevent someone from moving through the flow too soon. 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor