Solved

Payment Failed Flow with BigCommerce Integration

• 30 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I am trying to setup a flow for ‘Payment Failed’ using multiple payment methods. I couldn’t find the right elements for the same for my site. Can someone help me out here. 

I have already integrated BigCommerce with my Account. 

Here are my payment options on my website, Please check the image below.

icon

Best answer by David To 30 June 2021, 21:57

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @ajaykrishnan2050,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

At this time, the integration between BigCommerce and Klaviyo does not generate a Failed Payment notification that is then synced to Klaviyo. The events that are synced to Klaviyo from BigCommerce by default are:

• Started Checkout
  • Placed Order
  • Ordered Product
  • Fulfilled Order
  • Cancelled Order
  • Refunded Order

You can find a list of these events synced to Klaviyo, what they each mean, and how they are triggered from the Reviewing Your BigCommerce Data article. In order to pass a custom event such as Failed Payment to trigger a flow, I would suggest either integrating a third party app which also has the capability to connect with Klaviyo such as Stripe which does have the capability to pass this sort of event or custom coding your own Failed Payment event to be shared with Klaviyo. 

Stripe, which has a direct integration with Klaviyo has the capability of passing a Failed Payment event to Klaviyo which can be used as the trigger for a metric triggered flow to notify your customers of their failed payments. You can learn more about using and integrating Stripe with Klaviyo from the How to Integrate with Stripe article. 

Alternatively, you can custom code your own events/metrics to be synced to Klaviyo through leveraging Klaviyo’s API. To custom code your own events, I would recommend reviewing the following API articles Klaviyo offers below:

Since this process requires custom coding, for further assistance in creating this custom event, I would recommend working with a developer or finding a Klaviyo partner who can further help you.

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

David