Poll: Browse Abandonment Flow?

• 21 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Talking to a few people, some people are uncomfortable using browse abandonment flow because it feels too “creepy”.  Curious how many in here use it, take the poll below!

Do You Use The Browse Abandonment Flow?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +30

I totally get why people might find it a bit ‘creepy’ to see that specific item they browsed inside of an email, haha. With a lot of my email flows, I love to get more crafty with the flow so that it isn’t so… obvious, haha!

So if someone browsed a certain category more than 3 times, I know their interest is really there.

I’ll then have a flow that is targeted toward their category interest. If it is stationary, for example - then that flows is going to be all about stationery items. But now that I’ve captured what item ‘category’ they are interested in - I can deliver a focused browse abandon flow with specific blog posts, a list of best sellers in that category, reviews, etc all focused on the item category!

But I looooove browse abandon flows, some of my favorites to build out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Spark Bridge Digital LLC,

I love that strategy! Thanks for sharing!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Great idea @Spark Bridge Digital LLC, we do something similar for certain clients as well :smile:  Works great!

Figured I’d take a moment to share some Browse Abandonment strategies that work for us:

1. We like to split the flow based on numbers of orders placed so we can send potential repeat customers appropriate messaging.

2. We also widen the flow filter of ‘Don’t send if customer ordered product in the last x days’ for certain clients based on how frequently customers purchase certain SKUs.

For example, when customers purchase high-ticket items, we generally find that customers will frequently check back to the product page for more information sometimes months after they purchase. So let’s say if on average a customer will purchase the same or similar SKU every 180 days, we don’t want Browse Abandonment to trigger if they view the product 45 days after purchase.

3. If the client has a low amount of SKUs, we split up the flow using Trigger Filters of “Viewed Product where ProductID=x”.

That way, we can tailor the email copy towards the item they were viewing as opposed to broad messaging and/or send more appropriate offers. This has worked great for us in instances where clients want to move certain SKUs- we’ll send offers that bundle high-selling SKUs with the SKUs that clients want to move.

We learned to use the “ProductID” split because sometimes clients/SEO Agencies will change the name of a product which will affect the trigger split; But as long as the product page is the same, adjusting the name of the product won’t affect the ProductID or the split. It’s a nice little safety net we learned from experience :wink: (You can find the ProductID by hitting ctrl+u on the product page and then ctrl+f search for productid.)

4. If you’re implementing the ‘Added to Cart’ flow, we like to exclude profiles from receiving Browse Abandonment that Added to Cart since starting the flow.

TLDR; We’re very pro-Browse Abandonment! It’s a great opportunity for building out messaging based on subscriber/customer behavior and is a constantly evolving strategy.

Hope this helps in your decision @Manny Singh, it’s a very fun flow to work with!

All the best,

Dan Jacobs | Samadhi Marketing

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Oooo, there is some gold nuggets in these responses, going to bookmark this post.  Thanks for sharing @Spark Bridge Digital LLC  and @DanJacobs !