Solved

Question on campaign attribution

• 25 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Active Contributor I
  • 11 replies

How does Klaviyo determine which sales come from which campaign? What is the attribution model for this?

I am looking at this campaign which I sent on the fourteenth, and I saw the most recent purchase from that campaign was on Friday. Does that mean that customer opened that email and went to shop? 

Can someone give a brief explanation on how sales are attributed to different campaign? Especially when there are a lot of campaign going on, how to tell which is which?

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 25 April 2022, 15:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Rara 

Klaviyo uses a last-touch attribution model with a default tracking period of 5 days from the time a message is received. The default tracking is last open or clicked on an email. Both the tracking and tracking period can be changed within the Account > Settings > Email. 

Any conversions that occur beyond the 5 days will not be attributed to the email campaign. 

In your case, you sent your email on Sunday 4/17 at 8pm. Assuming your account is configured to the default settings, anyone who received that email could open or click the email within 5 days and if they purchased after opening or clicking, the conversion would be attributed to that email. 

Keep in mind, if the customer never opened the open or clicked the email, then the order would not be attributed to the email. 

Klaviyo has a helpful guide about their conversion attribution here:
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005248128-Understanding-Conversion-Tracking

I’d check your account settings to verify how its configured, but hope this helps!

Best,

@In the Inbox