Solved

Read More - Using Text Block

Badge +1

I am using one of the email templates for my newsletter which have text blocks.  On the text block you have the following options: Story Headline, Add a line or two on what the store is about and then it says Read More with the option to add hyperlinks etc.  My question is if I wanted to write a story outside of the two lines is it possible to program the box to click on the read more and have the remaining parts of the store pop up in a separate screen or something?

icon

Best answer by Dov 5 May 2022, 19:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Jamahl Grace,

Glad to hear you’re taking advantage of our pre-built templates!

I’m not certain I understand what you mean by “other parts of the store”, with that said, you can insert any hyperlink you want there - so in theory if you wanted to direct to a certain page on your website that’s very well within the realm of possibility. If that’s not what you meant, let me know!

I’m also dropping our guide on Adding Anchor Links in Messages.

I hope that’s helpful.

Badge +1

Thank you @Dov for your response!  So typically in some instances if i hit read more on some sites a window will pop up to read more outside of the header sentence.  It seems like the read more option only allows for external links in this instance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Jamahl Grace,

Ok now I understand what you’re referring to! Thanks for the clarification.

That’s correct, by default you’ll only be able to hyperlink to an external source.

You could look into using AMP emails but that has a pretty extensive list of pre-requisites. If you’re interested in looking into that, have a look at our documentation: Send AMP Emails in Klaviyo.

Thanks for being a community member.