Solved

Regarding Data types and entries with multiple signup forms

• 7 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

I need to add a Klaviyo Property by Name TAG.

Will this property be able to accommodate multiple entries e.g., rewards, feedback, join opt in, …??

I have used List data type as of now while importing contacts with this property. Is this the right way to get multiple tags to single profile? I need to use these tags in flows too.

icon

Best answer by Dov 7 January 2022, 20:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @divyakrivy2022,

Thank you for sharing this question with the community.

Yes, that is exactly the correct way to do it. List data type is used to capture an array of values under a single property, that applies to profile imports as well. 

For imports, you’ll want to use the following format for any given property [“value1”,”value2”,”value3”]. So say you are collecting someone’s favorite colors. At the top of the .csv column “Color” and then [“red”,”blue”,”green”] in the cell below. Here’s another example using Pets as the property. You can find more on list data types in our documentation here.

If you are using Klaviyo sign-up forms, make sure you use Multi checkboxes to capture list data.

In flows, you can certain use these tags too. Since it pertains to a user’s properties you’d use: Properties about someone > property name > contains > value1,value2,value3 etc. in a flow filter, or a conditional split for example. You could also use the same criteria (Properties about someone > property name > contains > value1,value2,value3 etc.) to build and trigger a segment-triggered flow 

I hope that is helpful!