Solved

Replacing existing email in flow

• 23 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello.

First time post although I have been with Klaviyo for nearly a year.

I made the mistake today of completely replacing a single email in a flow, removing the original.  From memory I THINK that means that emails will come to a screaming halt when people are tracking through the flow.

I think I have to clone the whole flow to get it working again.  Am I correct or will the visitors flow through?.  This email is preceded with a Conditional Split.

I hope this is enough info.
Thanks!

icon

Best answer by David To 27 April 2021, 17:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

Is the flow currently live? Did you delete the only email in the “Yes” direction? If you can post a screenshot of the flow that would help to provide more context.

Best,

Caroline

Badge +3

Thank you for your help @caroline.  As it turns out it looks like the flow is working normally without any extra action.  I am relieved to see this.

Nevertheless I have added a pic.  The new email I added, deleting the original is the “DNO Welcome series. Email 1”.  

Having been through this process I am assuming that if I did the same thing again, assuming the Conditional Split was in place, replacing the email wouldnt matter (except I’d lose the stats.

Hope this makes sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @PaulyB,

Thanks for sharing your observations and experience with the Community!

Just wanted to comment and confirm that you are correct. If you deleted the “DNO Welcome series, Email 1” email and replaced it with a different email, the analytics for the “DNO Welcome series, Email 1” email would also be deleted. Contacts, however, who reach the conditional split and evaluated as NO would receive this new email you added. You can also learn more about how making changes such as these would effect your flows from the How Contacts Move through a Flow article Klaviyo has.

One suggestion if you did not want to lose the existing analytics for the “DNO Welcome series, Email 1” email would be to add in the replacement email either directly above or after the “DNO Welcome series, Email 1” email without a time delay and set the “DNO Welcome series, Email 1” email to Draft mode. Since the “DNO Welcome series, Email 1” email would be in Draft mode and not deleted, contacts who reach this email step would be skipped over and continue onto the next step of the flow; thus retaining the analytics of this email. 

Hope this helps!

-David

Badge +3

Hello @PaulyB,

One suggestion if you did not want to lose the existing analytics for the “DNO Welcome series, Email 1” email would be to add in the replacement email either directly above or after the “DNO Welcome series, Email 1” email without a time delay and set the “DNO Welcome series, Email 1” email to Draft mode. Since the “DNO Welcome series, Email 1” email would be in Draft mode and not deleted, contacts who reach this email step would be skipped over and continue onto the next step of the flow; thus retaining the analytics of this email. 

David - thanks for this very useful observation.  It has been so long since I had looked at this issue I had thought the reply was late but now I have caught up with it, that is a great point for future occasions.

Thanks!  Paul