Sale event for browse abandoners

• 29 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Active Contributor IV
  • 42 replies

Hi,

I am planing to run a Sale for a specific category and want to send more personalized emails to those who have viewed the product from that category in the last 30 days. I have created a segment to identify them. The question is how to create an email template corectly.

The idea is to send similar email like browse abandonment ‘You viewed it and now it’s on sale’ - include the product that person has viewed and announce it is on sale now. 

What I am wondering is how to create that product block correctly. Could I copy it from the browse abandoned template? But I don’t know how to make sure the products will not appear from other categories that person possibly was looking at also. 

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 29 January 2021, 17:19

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

Hi @Lina 

What you want to do here is not possible, dynamic product blocks work only in flows because they are connected to the metrics. When metric like Viewed Product is triggered it collects the info that allows you to create the product block about that specific event that triggered the flow.

But in campaign this is not available, the code won’t work because campaigns are not connected to events happening on your website. 

What I suggest is creating a product feed for that specific collection/category and than turning the personalized options to YES in klaviyo blocks. What this will do for example if you choose 3 products to be shown it will show different products to different people deepening on which products they interacted the most with from that collection/category.

Here is article about how to set this up correctly https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005082787-How-to-Use-Product-Feeds-and-Recommendations

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you @Bobi N. I think it will work perfectly!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I did try this tactic, unfortunately, it does not work. Every person gets the same product recommendation and not the product he/she was browsing.

So something is not working with this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Lina 

If you set it to Yes for block to be personalized it should have worked. 
Are you checking the right way? to check correctly you need to go to each person profile, go to messages and preview the messages they received..

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have set it to YES and checking the emails from profiles. Every email is the same :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Lina 

I can’t give exact directions since I’m not able to check where the problem might be but I can give several thing I think that maybe happened here..

-When setting up the feed it depends what metric you chose to be used for the personal info gathering, if for example you chose placed order and no one placed order in that category before the data would be blank. Klaviyo will count as no one placed an order for those products meaning no one has preferred product in that category

-Other thing that happened maybe people are interacting with the same products on your store so they are seeing the same products

-And also last thing that I already mentioned is not sure if you are checking them the right way since this sometimes is tricky part for people previewing with their setting so it always shows same thing because it is always showing you preferred products

Hopefully some of this you can check and see if they may be the problem but without looking into it directly I can’t tell exactly what the problem might be here :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Lina @Bobi N. I agree with Bobi that a Personalized Recommendation from a Product Feed block would likely work well in this scenario, but I’m unsure why each email would be the same. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of what your product block settings look like and/or your flow settings? Additionally, it might be worthwhile to test your web tracker as well so that we can rule out any discrepancies on the tracking portion. You can follow the steps for testing the web tracking here.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have contacted support and was told that is impossible to do what I am trying to. Personalized Recommendation is meant to offer recommendations and to show products that person has browsed on the website.