Solved

Schedule or Send button isn't active and I do not have more active profiles than paid for.

• 25 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Does anyone know how to overcome the issue that the schedule or send button isn’t working? I recently deleted many active profiles to make sure I have less than the limit in my plan.

Is it perhaps because I don’t have a designated domain set up yet?

icon

Best answer by Dov 26 November 2021, 19:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Rivlan,

Thank you for sharing this with the Community. Sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve run into so far. Let’s get you back on the right track.

First, if you are referring to a dedicated sending domain, that will not impact your ability to send campaigns. More generally, if you are just getting started with Klaviyo, I recommend looking into our Getting Started with Klaviyo course. It takes about an hour to complete and covers the basics of getting started with Klaviyo.

Now, back to resolving your issue. Depending on your plan, you may have hit your monthly or daily sending limit. If you are on a free plan, you're allowed to send up to 500 emails per month. Therefore, even if this specific send only has, say, 100 profiles, if you’ve already sent previous campaign(s) with 400+ profiles, then you will need to upgrade your plan in order to continue. Also, keep in mind you can only send up to 4x as many emails per day as your active profiles count allows. For example, if you have a plan that accommodates 1000 active profiles, you can only send up to 4000 emails daily. And up to 1000 emails in a single campaign send.

If you use a single email address to toggle between multiple Klaviyo accounts, I recommend double-checking that you are sending from the correct account. There have been cases where individuals had multiple accounts set-up to the same email address, and were trying to send from a cancelled account which also results in the grayed out send button.

Lastly, if none of the above resolves, I recommend trying to send this campaign from a net-new browser.

I hope that helps!

Badge +2

Thanks for advising. As it turns out, we had our IT set up a dedicated sending domain and then the button became active.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Rivlan,

I’m glad you were able to get this resolved.

To clarify my first point, sending off of Klaviyo’s shared sending infrastructure (as opposed to sending via dedicated sending infrastructure) will not inherently prevent you from sending campaigns. There are plenty of Klaviyo users that user Klaviyo’s shared sending infrastructure without any issues. However, seeing that it began working for you after you set-up a dedicated sending domain, that tells me that you had a misalignment between your sending domain (yourwebsite.com) and your DMARC policy. Your solution, (setting up a dedicated sending domain/whitelabelling) remedied the misalignment between the sending domain and DMARC, which allowed you to send (got rid of the gray button). Since you have whitelabelled your sending domain, also ensure you warm your new sending infrastructure. This is very important for strong deliverability. 

The alternative solution to whitelabelling your sending domain would be to set DMARC policy to p=none which tells the inbox to ignore the DMARC failure.

I hope that is helpful, for more information on DMARC I’d recommend checking out the article below

Thanks for being a member of our community.

Badge

Hi, 

I am having the same issue to sent a campaign email. 

I bought the upgraded plan and its still not working ?