Solved

Segmenting by region not delivering

• 15 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

HI All,

We just discovered that a part of a post-purchase flow, where we segmented out customers by region, has not been delivering at all on that side…Below are screenshots of the flow canvas and the filter to segment out certain states.  

Was wondering if off the top of anyone’s head here in the community they might be able to spot something I’m doing wrong…

Someone suggested that it’s because Klaviyo does not save the Region when an order is placed….SMH trying to figure this one out..

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 15 February 2022, 21:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Daniel F13,

Thanks for posting your question to the Community!

Interesting question here. I think there could be a few things that we want to consider. First, I am seeing that your product trigger split is cutting out 550 people. If that is to be expected, then we can move on to looking at the region conditional split

I noticed that your conditional has a lot of OR conditions as opposed to AND. I think this is the reason why you are seeing everyone going down the yes path. In our doc for explaining logic, we go over the differences. So I think you are seeing that although someone’s region is Alaska, they might not be Arizona. Therefore they will always be marked as YES for the split.

Hope this made sense,

Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks so much @alex.hong I believe the numbers are accurate, so it is only an and/or logic issue.

I was trying to make sure that the part on the left side of the flow (that is sending) goes only to people who are not from certain states (thus, I had set the filter and logic to “not = state X, OR “not=state Y”, etc.). I assumed that if they were from one of those states, they would automatically go to the right side of the flow, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.  If I understand correctly from the blog post, the correct way to have done that would have been to use AND instead of OR?

Thanks again for the quick reply!

Daniel 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Daniel F13!

Yes you are correct that you would have had to use AND instead of OR since you are looking to group multiple regions for one conditional statement. After changing the conditionals, you can also back-populate a flow so that your missed contacts will now go through the right path.

Hope that helped!
Alex

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks @alex.hong so grateful!

Daniel