Solved

Sending a Flow to New Users who Join a List

• 30 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hello, 

I have a list that people have subscribed to for an online program that starts on Monday. I want to send them all an email with information about the program tomorrow, and for each new person who joins the list to be automatically sent this email as well. Do I need to create a campaign to send to everyone the list first, followed by a flow after, or does the flow automatically send to everyone that is already in the list? Hope this makes sense. Appreciate any guidance. Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Dov 1 August 2022, 16:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @HOS,

Thanks for sharing this question with us. I hope you get to read this before you send to your list!

It sounds like you’re wondering how to send to the existing list and then subsequent send this same email to future users who join the list (let me know if that’s not what you were getting at).

If that is indeed the case, you have the right idea by sending a campaign to the initial list. From this point on, you’ll want to save the campaign email as a template and then create a list-triggered flow (using this list as a trigger) with a flow email containing this email template. That way, new users who join the list will automatically be sent this email (via the flow) and you no longer have to send one-off campaigns to this list (unless you wish to do so for a different purpose).

I hope that’s helpful.