Solved

"Sent" in Advanced Reports & Calculating Clicks under Metrics

• 21 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

the first one, in the abandoned cart flow,Advanced Reports, does the “sent” includs all of the email we sent. (cause the just show the email domain and when i plus all of the different domain sents,its not match with the number of deliver in the same time)And does the sent number equal all of the delivered emal plus the bounced email. Or if you could tell me how could i get the number about all of the email that i send in the abandoned cart flow.

the second one, how to calculate the number of “clicked”, cause we find our clicked number is less than the “placed order” number, and we did a reservation then we found some customer they inter in our flow and the placed the order but without “clicked”. And we found just the people who clicked the picture inter in our home website page, its “clicked”; and if someone just click the “ shop now” or “go to checkout” button and went to the checkout page, it wasn’t define “clicked”. There are some picture we shot to prove this issue, and i marked the value that we couldn't understand.

thank you for helping me,have a nice day!

icon

Best answer by Dov 22 February 2022, 16:49

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello @kimmia,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, any link that a user clicks in your email should be recorded as a click (whether that link is in a button or not). That includes dynamic tags that are converted to links like {{ event.extra.checkout_url }}. So there’s nothing wrong with the code or anything, in theory this should also be recording a click just like the image.

I hope that’s helpful

hello,thanks for your help!!

and, according to what you said before, if the user opens the email but does not click the link, why is it attributed to the conversion brought by the email, whether the user has opened the email, and then placed an order through any channel, it is considered klaviyo's Attribution order?

thank you!!

Kimmia

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @kimmia,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, any link that a user clicks in your email should be recorded as a click (whether that link is in a button or not). That includes dynamic tags that are converted to links like {{ event.extra.checkout_url }}. So there’s nothing wrong with the code or anything, in theory this should also be recording a click just like the image.

I hope that’s helpful

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @kimmia,

Thanks for sharing this update with us.

First, I recommend removing the button and re-adding it to the email, and try running your test again. This may be a “quick fix”. If that doesn’t resolve, I’d try saving the email as a template, cloning the template and re-adding the cloned email in place of the original and run your test again. Also, give the “Metrics (Analytics)” and the “Clicked Email” event some time to update on the profile.

If neither of these resolves the issue, I recommend reaching out to support to have a closer look for you. They will run some further tests to ensure that the clicks are being calculated as they should.

Thanks for being a member of our community. 

Thanks for your patience and helpful suports. 

However, what is the clicked? its about all the clicked action happen in our email?including the people click the “Shop Now” button (the check out button), but why the check out button couldn’t  be recorded as a click. Just like i said before. Does the the code of the buton was wrong, its “ {{ event.extra.checkout_url}} ” ?

And if we add another link to the button, its our website link,when people click the button,its could be recorded as a click?

In conclusion,  we are confused what is the clicked, why clicked the check out button, couldn’t  be recorded as a click, does the the code of the buton was wrong?

Thank your so much! Have a nice day!

Kimmia

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @kimmia,

Thanks for sharing this update with us.

First, I recommend removing the button and re-adding it to the email, and try running your test again. This may be a “quick fix”. If that doesn’t resolve, I’d try saving the email as a template, cloning the template and re-adding the cloned email in place of the original and run your test again. Also, give the “Metrics (Analytics)” and the “Clicked Email” event some time to update on the profile.

If neither of these resolves the issue, I recommend reaching out to support to have a closer look for you. They will run some further tests to ensure that the clicks are being calculated as they should.

Thanks for being a member of our community. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @kimmia,

Thanks for sharing this question with the Klaviyo community.

The “Advanced Reports” includes the unique number of recipients who have received an email via a particular email domain. Delivered (sent) emails does not include "Bounced" emails (shown as a separate category in the “Advanced Reports” tab).

You can get the total number of recipients for a specific email if you click on the Recipient Activity tab and then click on Recipients.

In terms of your second question, a conversion occurs when a recipient opens or clicks your message and then takes another action (such as placing an order) within the conversion period. The conversion amount attributed to the profile is what is being displayed in your screenshot under “Metrics”.

That means an attribution to this customer would occur if they opened the email and then placed an order within the conversion window (by default set to 5 days) without clicking on the link. Given the time-gap between the “Opened email” and “Placed Order” events, its very well possible this user opened the email, copied the coupon code and later navigated back to your website directly (without clicking the link in the email) to use the coupon.

I hope that is helpful :) 

Hello,Dov, thanks for helping me!its very helpfu for us. But i couldn’t understand that if someone Clicked the buton that will inter the check out page, but in the “Analytics” , “clicked value” without this action. 

in our email,if the clients clicked the “shop now”, he should be recorded as a click. But in the “Analytics” its didnt show this “licked value”.

An in the same time we sent 157 emails, but just 1 clicked the email, we think this clicked value is not normal, It's not a normal number, we're confused, maybe it's set wrong there.

And we did a resevation.  We clicked both the picture and the button “SHOP NOW” in the email. And we found just when we clicked the picture and inter in our product page(show in the bottom picture), it was defined “clicked” , and we could find the action value in the “Anakytics”; and we just clicked the “ SHOP NOW” button (the above picture shows) and went to the checkout page, it wasn’t defined “clicked”, we couldn't find the action value in the “Analytics”. 

Thanks! : ) 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @kimmia,

The “Advanced Reports” includes the unique number of recipients who have received an email via a particular email domain. Delivered (sent) emails does not include "Bounced" emails (shown as a separate category in the “Advanced Reports” tab).

You can get the total number of recipients for a specific email if you click on the Recipient Activity tab and then click on Recipients.

In terms of your second question, a conversion occurs when a recipient opens or clicks your message and then takes another action (such as placing an order) within the conversion period. The conversion amount attributed to the profile is what is being displayed in your screenshot under “Metrics”.

That means an attribution to this customer would occur if they opened the email and then placed an order within the conversion window (by default set to 5 days) without clicking on the link. Given the time-gap between the “Opened email” and “Placed Order” events, its very well possible this user opened the email, copied the coupon code and later navigated back to your website directly (without clicking the link in the email) to use the coupon.

Hello, Dov,  thank you so much for helping me!! pls read the reply in the above!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello,Dov, thanks for helping me!its very helpfu for us. But i couldn’t understand that if someone Clicked the buton that will inter the check out page, but in the “Analytics” , “clicked value” without this action. 

in our email,if the clients clicked the “shop now”, he should be recorded as a click. But in the “Analytics” its didnt show this “licked value”.

An in the same time we sent 157 emails, but just 1 clicked the email, we think this clicked value is not normal, It's not a normal number, we're confused, maybe it's set wrong there.

And we did a resevation.  We clicked both the picture and the button “SHOP NOW” in the email. And we found just when we clicked the picture and inter in our product page(show in the bottom picture), it was defined “clicked” , and we could find the action value in the “Anakytics”; and we just clicked the “ SHOP NOW” button (the above picture shows) and went to the checkout page, it wasn’t defined “clicked”, we couldn't find the action value in the “Analytics”. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @kimmia,