Solved

setting up flow hierarchy (how to avoid clashing of flows)

• 25 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi, I wanted to know how do I set up flows in a way so that they don’t clash with each other.

For example if someone is in my welcome series and they abandon their cart how do I make sure that the exit the welcome series and receive only the abandoned cart mails. Also I want my subscribers to receive the first three welcome emails regardless of their actions…… that is I don't want the abandoned cart to trigger if the subscriber hasn't received at least three welcome emails. 

Thank you so much in advance

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 26 September 2022, 22:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @kunalg013

Great idea!

I would consider adding a profile profile named ‘in flow’ to a user  when they enter any flow and remove it before the exit the flow. This would then allow you to simply add  a flow filter that would exclude someone from entering a new flow if they had this property currently attached to their profile. However, if you definitely want all your users to receive your first three emails no matter what, I would add a conditional split after your third email that considers this and would spit out the user if they went down the ‘yes’ path. 

For more insight, I’d check out this conversation with a fellow user asking a similar question! 

https://klaviyo-en.insided.com/campaigns-flows-and-sms-30/exclude-from-other-flows-5777

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Badge +4

Thank you so much for this answer! Really helps a lot :)