Solved

Shareable Campaign Web Link

• 13 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hello, I am possibly transitioning from Mailchimp. I normally create an email campaign that I use as a weekly newsletter that I send out to my customers. I would then take the campaign archive link and use it in text messages to drive other customers to the same newsletter. How can I do this in Klaviyo? I want to create an email campaign and then link to the completed web document via text. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dov 13 October 2021, 16:55

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @ch2020,

Thanks for sharing this with the Klaviyo community.

You can add a webview link to your campaign, which gives recipients a link to a web page that displays your campaign. To achieve this you would use the {% web_view %}  tag in your campaign email.

Once you have this web view link populated, you can put it in this share link generator that will create a public-facing URL. In turn, that URL can be embedded for use in your future SMS messaging.

With that said, and as @retention nicely points out in the thread below:

the public-facing link is technically intended for the recipient - so just be careful of using it more broadly (example - the unsubscribe link, preferences, and any personalization intended for the email). For example, if the campaign uses a personalization tag like {{ first_name }} and reads “Hi Jim”, that wouldn’t be great for a broader audience accessing that campaign URL. So keeping the email more generic is key for success here.

I hope that was helpful.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The solution is ok as a workaround, but it would be appreciated if Klaviyo considered adding this basic and useful feature. It would make our lives easier and also allow to add links to a different campaign (for example link to English newsletter on French one in case there was an error in segmentation).

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Really feels like a basic feature. Would much rather see this implemented than new branding.

Badge

In addition to what Emilie and Matt said it would be nice to have this feature and also have an option to put it behind a password protected link (e.g. for investor letters)

How to use the {% web_view %} link?
My customers and I do not speak or read English, so how to change the text so that it does not say "View in your browser", but an example in Danish language? :)

Agree that this would be a very useful feature.

Really hope that this gets implemented. Migrating clients over from MailChimp and they have expressed interest in this functionality. 

Badge

is this feature being made available or not?  this work around is a joke and not easy to use