Solved

Shopify Abandon Cart Flow not working; Checkout Started Metric not working

• 7 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi there!

My default Abandon Cart Flow isn’t working for my Shopify store. I tried doing a test run on my site and despite adding a product to cart and clicking check out, my list on Klaviyo wasn’t updated - it only showed ‘Viewed Product’ as the most recent action.

I then went to the Klaviyo-Metrics-Checkout Started and noticed that there wasn’t any activity tracked.

I then checked to see if my viewed product tracking was activated and it was. My klaviyo was also integrated after April so the default tracking functions should be successfully integrated.

Is there anything else I’m missing out or can do to fix this?

Thanks!
Clarence

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 7 December 2022, 16:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @Seriouslee 

Thank you for posting your question in the Klaviyo community. 

For the Checkout Started event to fire, you must complete the first page of the checkout process - Contact Information - and click on the button to “Continue to Shipping.” The checkout started event will only fire after someone has clicked the button to the second page of the checkout.

If this is not firing and you’ve completed the Shopify Integration, I would recommend you reach out to Klaviyo support directly as this should be native functionality in the Shopify integration.

However, based on your description, it sounds like you might also be looking to have the “Add to Cart” event fire in addition to the “Checkout Started” event. The “Add to Cart” is not native to the Shopify integration and some additional dev is needed to enable it. 

Do you have a screenshot of your Shopify Integration? 
If you have successfully completed the integration then your Shopify Integration should look like this:

One other consideration is that the Add to Cart event ONLY fires if a user is previously in your database and cookied in the browser.

If you are testing as a new user or you’ve cleared your cookies, the Add to Cart event will not fire. 

I would double check a couple of these integration steps and if everything is correct, could you provide some additional screenshots of your account for further review?

Thanks,

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

@Seriouslee curious, did you get it working?