Solved

[Shopify] Abandoned cart emails won't send?

• 6 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have a shopify store with debutify 4.6.0 I made a abandoned cart remainder standard email flow and in the Prerequisites I get this “We have not received any recent Checkout Started events. If you think there might be a problem, contact our Success Team for help.”

I also get this “We have not received any recent Placed Order events. If you think there might be a problem, contact our Success Team for help.”

I added the web tracking code from klaviyo in theme.liquid since I don’t product.liquid.  I even went to my store and added to cart. I put my email address and other information in the contact information and I left my cart. I never received any abandoned email. Any help with this?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 7 January 2022, 21:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @RX777,

Welcome to the Community! Hope to provide some info regarding your Shopify integration and what might be going on there.

For the abandoned cart flow that is triggered by a 'Checkout Started' metric, a user will need to complete the entire first page of checkout, and proceed to the shipping step in order to trigger this flow. Users who add items to their cart but do not proceed through the initial checkout step will not trigger this flow.
The browse abandonment flow is a good way to catch these other users as it captures people who view product pages but don't get all the way to the point of checkout. In order to trigger the 'Viewed Product' metric, however, the user must be cookied. There are three ways we can cookie users:

• If someone has, at some point, clicked through a Klaviyo email to your website
  • If someone has, at some point, subscribed/opted-in through a Klaviyo form
  • If someone has, at some point, logged into your site and you have identify tracking installed

But, if an anonymous person visits your site, builds a cart, and never begins a checkout, they will not qualify for any of the automations in Klaviyo.

Add Web Tracking to Your Shopify Store might be what you are looking for which contains the required metrics to be grabbed via your store for the Browse Abandoned & Abandoned cart flows.
Further information can be found here for a guide to do with the Abandoned Cart setup.

Let me know if that helped and have a good day!
Alex

Badge +2

Hi there @RX777,

Welcome to the Community! Hope to provide some info regarding your Shopify integration and what might be going on there.

For the abandoned cart flow that is triggered by a 'Checkout Started' metric, a user will need to complete the entire first page of checkout, and proceed to the shipping step in order to trigger this flow. Users who add items to their cart but do not proceed through the initial checkout step will not trigger this flow.
The browse abandonment flow is a good way to catch these other users as it captures people who view product pages but don't get all the way to the point of checkout. In order to trigger the 'Viewed Product' metric, however, the user must be cookied. There are three ways we can cookie users:

• If someone has, at some point, clicked through a Klaviyo email to your website
  • If someone has, at some point, subscribed/opted-in through a Klaviyo form
  • If someone has, at some point, logged into your site and you have identify tracking installed

But, if an anonymous person visits your site, builds a cart, and never begins a checkout, they will not qualify for any of the automations in Klaviyo.

Add Web Tracking to Your Shopify Store might be what you are looking for which contains the required metrics to be grabbed via your store for the Browse Abandoned & Abandoned cart flows.
Further information can be found here for a guide to do with the Abandoned Cart setup.

Let me know if that helped and have a good day!
Alex

I integrated klaviyo web tracking in my shopify store via product.liquid I’m using the brooklyn themeit showed a green button and everything was good to go. I made a pop up a few weeks ago and tested it and was able to receive the discount code. The problem is when creating a flow I pick the abandoned cart reminder standard. I get Prerequisites image down below. Is there a way to fix that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @RX777,

To add some clarity as well as ask a few questions:
The Checkout Started event in particular won’t rely on any additional code being in product.liquid. So first thing I want to ask is if these events are in your account under the activity feed or not. If they aren’t there, it’s most likely an integration-related issue.

In order to resolve an integration related issue:
1. Navigate to the integrations tab: https://www.klaviyo.com/integration/shopify
2. Click view settings on your Shopify Integration.
3. Click the blue "update settings" button.
4. When you click to update your integration settings, we will re-authenticate with Shopify and then you will be brought back into Klaviyo.
If you click to update, and then click the back button or navigate elsewhere before this authentication process completes, this will cause your integration to get disabled.

If the events are there and this message is still popping up, it’s a bug with the modal for the pre-built flow template. In that case, I would consider contacting Shopify Support for whichever theme you have chosen. In your initial post you mentioned debutify as a theme but then in the recent one I see you are using a brooklyn theme. Maybe there is an issue there?

In terms of not receiving emails in the flow, that could be for a number of different reasons like flow filters, smart sending, deliverability related issues (in the spam folder) etc. But these issues we can get into after seeing if events are being logged in the account.

On the point with the modal, if you just recently set up the integration, even if there are Checkout Started events in his account, it’s expected there may be a bit of a delay between the time the events are logged and the time the modal “recognizes” that Klaviyo has logged the Shopify events. I’d recommend tp re-visit that modal again before investigating further and let us know if there are any changes.

Thank you!
Alex