Solved

Shopify x Klavyio abandoned cart sending both emails

• 8 March 2022
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have a problem with Klavyio and Shopify. When my Klavyio Abandoned Cart Flow sends an email to a customer, Shopify does not take it into account. In "Orders" then "Abandoned carts" the status of the email remains "Not sent" while Klavyio sends an email. Do you know how to make Shopify take the email into account? 

Thanks  

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 11 March 2022, 00:37

View original

4 replies

Badge +4

You shouldn’t have to worry about this since you’ll have to turn the Abandoned Cart emails off in Shopify. 

That's what I did, but how do I see who is leaving abandoned carts if I don't look on Shopify? 
I couldn't find it on Klavyio. 

Badge +4

You can still rely on Shopify for that information. If you check your activity feed on the Klaviyo dashboard, you will see some of these activities.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Jade,

Wanted to add on some info here! Great callout by @idrisade on the info already provided! It’s correct that you will need to turn off the Abandoned Cart in Shopify, otherwise both emails will be sent. Changing this setting in Shopify will not affect your settings in Klaviyo.

I’d like to point you to the help article we have on Reviewing Your Shopify Data could help better give guidance on where information goes. Another thing to note is that between the two systems, Klaviyo does not send information back to Shopify as the data is one-way. So if a Klaviyo abandoned cart email goes out through a flow, there wouldn’t be a way for Klaviyo’s data system to communicate that to Shopify.

Thanks!
Alex