Solved

SMS Activation for Australia

• 10 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi Community,

I would like to udnerstand how to set-up and activate my Klaviyo account for SMS messaging. 

Is this possible to do quickly? Did you use a developer to support you with activation?

Regards

Siobhan 

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 23 September 2021, 21:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Shiv_Siobhan,

So at this time, SMS can only be sent to US numbers so if you’re looking to utilize SMS for Australian customers this cannot be accomplished through Klaviyo. This doesn’t necessarily mean that it won’t be available beyond the scope of US numbers in the future, but that is what we have available at this time. 

Here is a link to an article on Getting Started with SMS if you still want to take a look through documentation on how this would be set up for customers that do have US phone numbers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Shiv_Siobhan 

It is my honor to finally announce that SMS Australia is now live and can be set up on your Klaviyo Dashboard! 

The Getting Started with Klaviyo SMS will walk you through how to set up SMS in your Klaviyo account. Please make sure you follow the setup step by step to avoid any delays in your ability to start sending! Just a quick callout for SMS Australia that you should remember when setting up SMS, 

When using Klaviyo SMS to send to recipients in Australia, messages are sent from alphanumeric sender IDs. These numbers are free with any Klaviyo SMS plan; however, they have certain limitations. Alphanumeric numbers cannot:

• Send MMS messages
  • Receive either SMS or MMS messages

Note that it’s not possible to hold SMS conversations with AUS recipients, or have subscribers opt in or out via a keyword (e.g., JOIN or STOP). Due to these limitations, click-to-text forms or banners also do not work with alphanumeric numbers.

Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community! 

Badge +1

Hi Stephen, is there a plan to introduce full SMS functionality to Australia, and if so, when will this be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Owen470 

As of now there are no updates i can provide on full SMS functionality for Australia. I will make sure to update this thread if and when there is any news to share. Thank you for being part of the Klaviyo Community!