Solved

SMS Consent Sign Up Forms and Lists

• 16 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I’ve been reviewing the pages and the Academy re: SMS marketing but where I’m getting stuck is what list to add these contacts to. Do I create just an SMS list? Do I continue to add new emails AND SMS to my existing email list? If so then how would I create the separate SMS sign up form ONLY for existing email list customers? 

icon

Best answer by David To 17 September 2021, 16:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Kelly TLBB,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Where to add your contacts who you have collected SMS consent from is really all dependent on your business marketing strategy and your Klaviyo account organizational preference. If you want, you can certainly add all contacts who have consented to SMS to a separate Klaviyo list to better distinguish them. Alternatively, you can also simply add them to your existing email list. Even if these SMS consented contacts were sprinkled into various lists throughout your account, you can typically capture and separate them out by using segmentation. One such segmentation rule to capture users who have consented to SMS would be the definition of “If someone is or is not consented to receive SMS, Person is consented to receive SMS”. This broad rule would capture and group all contacts who have consented to SMS throughout your entire account. You can find more examples of these SMS related segments from the How to Create SMS Segments Help Center article.

In addition, you can also use the strategy mentioned in the How SMS Consent Is Stored in Klaviyo subsection of the Guide to Collecting SMS Consent Help center article to to attract SMS signups from existing email subscribers who may not have subscribed to SMS. Essentially, you can create a signup form utilizing the Show to visitors in certain lists and segments behavioral settings which would target contacts who have not subscribed to SMS. 

I hope this helps!

David